Baltimore Aircoil Company is the global leader in sustainable solutions for evaporative cooling, thermal storage, and heat transfer equipment. The corporate headquarters is located in Howard County, Maryland, near Baltimore.
Our equipment is found in residential and commercial buildings to keep people comfortable, supermarket and cold storage warehouses to protect food and perishables, and industrial processes and power installations to improve efficiency and productivity. We are passionate about enhancing the quality of life through our technologies that reduce energy, water, and chemical usage. As a global leader, we are committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results.
The Human Resources Business Partner is a customer facing business partner to the management team and employee population. Working with the Human Resources Director, the HR Business Partner provides business partnership and expertise in the areas of employee relations, recruitment and selection, compensation and benefits administration, policy administration, and employee training and development.
- Subject matter expert and resource for the business providing both strategic and hands-on expertise with HR policy and practice.
- Drives healthy and positive organizational culture in partnership with business leaders by developing and executing strong human resources strategies.
- Implement programs related to talent management, career planning, performance management, compensation and benefits, learning and development, recognition and organizational development.
- Works closely with leadership to coach and mentor employees, assess in-house talent and create strategies to engage employees.
- Proactively seek knowledge of both industry and functional specialty researching best practices, legal developments, emerging trends, technological advancements and benchmark comparisons to create HR practices that are both compliant and best in class.
- Leads and/or supports annual HR cycle deliverables to include roundtables, performance management; individual development planning, annual merit and bonus processes; and benefits open enrollment
- Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations. Resolves sensitive matters and ensures alignment with legal requirements and BAC values and policies.
- Assists in managing established benefit programs to meet all legal and fiduciary requirements and reporting.
- Leads internal and external HR department audit and compliance initiatives, guides and oversees the compliance activities including regulatory reporting, compliance training, department audit processes, record retention management, and leave management.
- Leads and or participates in driving innovation and continuous HR process improvement initiatives and/or cross-functional/cross-location special projects across the network.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with HR peers to develop solutions; programs and policies.
NATURE & SCOPE
The HR Business Partner, under the supervision of the Human Resources Director – North America, will provide guidance and direction to the management and employee client base in regard to Human Resources processes. This position will require significant interaction with all levels of the organization. May participate in, or lead cross functional teams representing local and / or global initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or business-related field.
- 3-5 years of human resources experience, preferably possessing experience with diverse client groups and agility to work with matrixed functional areas and stakeholders.
- Analytical thinking demonstrated by the ability to solve problems using a logical, systematic, and sequential approach to professionally handle employee concerns.
- Ability to understand and translate data and trends and develop and operationalize plans that influence changes
- Thorough knowledge of employment related law including; FMLA, ADAAA, FLSA, HIPAA, Title VII, and Workers Compensation. Maryland and California employment law experience preferred.
- Strong collaboration skills with proven ability to build and maintain partnerships and solid working relationships with management and employees.
- Customer focus with strong influencing skills.
- Knowledge of both exempt and non-exempt compensation law and best practices
- Strong organizational skills with a bias toward action. The ability to operate successfully in a fast-paced environment, embrace change and balance competing priorities.
- Effective oral communication skills including giving group presentations, contributing to teams, as well as one on one interactions with stake holders and employees.
- Effective written communication skills including the ability to produce professional documents, emails, and presentations that are concise, persuasive, and informative.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including charting, graphing, and analysis functions in Excel, advanced level user of Word to create documentation, policy, procedures and shared resources, and the generation of compelling training and communications in PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of continuous improvement tools and processes.
- Experience using HRIS and LMS platforms.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. The position is predominantly an office function and has exposures consistent with an office role with extended periods seated, standing, walking, and entering information on a computer. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk up to 25% of the time. This position requires occasional lifting up to 30 pounds and travel up to 10% of the time. Responsibilities of the job may require some interaction with the production floor. Exposures include elevated noise levels associated with a manufacturing environment, fluctuations in temperature ambient conditions as well as intermittent exposure to the weather in and about the yard and dock areas. The job is a Monday through Friday daytime role; however availability is expected for as needed to support people needs.
BAC is a division of Amsted Industries, a 100% employee-owned company. We offer a very competitive benefit package which includes medical, dental, life, and disability insurance. We also offer two retirement savings programs: (1) an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) which is fully company paid and (2) a 401(k) plan. Other benefits include 11 paid holidays per year, vacation time ranging from two to five weeks per year, tuition reimbursement, a wellness program featuring a fitness room at our corporate headquarters and much, much more. Baltimore Aircoil Company is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.