Baltimore Aircoil Company is the global leader in sustainable solutions for evaporative cooling, thermal storage, and heat transfer equipment. The corporate headquarters is located in Howard County, Maryland, near Baltimore.
Our equipment is found in residential and commercial buildings to keep people comfortable, supermarket and cold storage warehouses to protect food and perishables, and industrial processes and power installations to improve efficiency and productivity. We are passionate about enhancing the quality of life through our technologies that reduce energy, water, and chemical usage. As a global leader, we are committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results.
The Product Marketing Engineer is responsible for supporting BAC’s product portfolio to grow sales and profitability in North America. They will be product experts, participate on cross-functional new product development teams, and lead launch activities for new products and enhancements. They will develop content that strengthens BAC’s position in the industry, and they will create and present technical training and industry presentations. They will have a thorough understanding of BAC’s core markets, and they will track and report product performance and competitive market data that will influence business strategies.
- Develop regional product requirements with Global Marketing team, and represent North American region on cross-functional new product development teams
- Lead launch activities for North America
- Interpret product performance and market data, codes and standards, local guidelines, and competitive information, and recommend changes to optimize price, PGM, volume, and revenue
- Guide all business functions through sales and market data
- Recommend and support development of technical literature and selling tools
- Assist with market segmentation and product positioning
- Maintain and create product pricing, and report changes in market pricing levels
- Deliver persuasive presentations to BAC executives, sales representatives, customers, and industry groups
- Improve market position by representing BAC within industry organizations
- Identify and lead growth initiatives by consulting sales representatives and customers
- Partner with Product Applications to strengthen product expertise of sales representatives and customers
NATURE AND SCOPE
The Product Marketing Engineer will report to the Manager of Product Marketing - North America. This role is responsible for working with BAC employees at all levels of the organizations, sales representatives, consultants, contractors, and product end users. The assigned location for this position is the Jessup, Maryland Office, and there will be some travel to jobsites, sales representative and customer offices, and tradeshows.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering, or Engineering degree with the appropriate level of experience and engineering coursework; MBA is a plus
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in HVAC or industrial equipment markets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated previous experience with new product launches
- Strong business acumen with experiences in analyzing financial and sales data, extracting relevant information, and providing recommendations to improve results
- Skilled in product management with experience in pricing/cost analysis, value proposition development, payback analysis, and product positioning
- Strong project management experience with proven ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Skilled in market research and communicating market needs and trends to influence business strategies and new product development
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk up to 25% of the time. Working conditions include those of a normal office environment, as well as the standard hazards associated with construction sites. This position requires occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs, and travel up to 15% of the time.
BAC is a division of Amsted Industries, a 100% employee-owned company. We offer a very competitive benefit package which includes medical, dental, life, and disability insurance. We also offer two retirement savings programs: (1) an Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP) which is fully company paid and (2) a 401(k) plan. Other benefits include 11 paid holidays per year, vacation time ranging from two to five weeks per year, tuition reimbursement, a wellness program featuring a fitness room at our corporate headquarters and much, much more. Baltimore Aircoil Company is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.