*Please note that we are unable to provide any visa sponsorship of any kind (including H1b or OPT) for this specific position—all applicants must have permanent legal ability to work in the US.
Consolidated Metco (ConMet) is a leading global manufacturer of components for the commercial vehicle industry. We design, engineer, and manufacture proprietary wheel ends, aluminum castings and plastic components for the commercial vehicle market. Our team is made up of more than 6,000 people across the United States, Mexico and China. For more information about our company, visit our web site at www.conmet.com. ConMet is a subsidiary of Chicago-based Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers and one of America's largest 100% employee-owned (ESOP) companies.
The IT Manager for ConMet's North American manufacturing plants is responsible for the delivery of IT services and support across multiple manufacturing and distribution sites. The North American plant IT team is responsible for supporting hardware and software, maintaining and improving network infrastructure (including both business and manufacturing systems), and project management/implementation. This is a hands-on technical position supporting ConMet’s 24x7 manufacturing operations, working closely with our Corporate IT department to develop and implement a strategy to address today’s needs, as well as the expanding list of IT requirements to support company growth. The IT Manager – North American Plants is a leader and coach who maintains a focus on the development of team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as primary IT point of contact for plant leadership.
- Supervises, provides direction, and manages workload of plant IT team members.
- Hands-on technical manager, able to provide “second level” technical support with strong conceptual base.
- Works with the Corporate IT group to maintain and improve the physical server hardware located at the plant sites.
- Works with the Corporate IT group to maintain and improve the local network infrastructure and external connectivity.
- Performs troubleshooting and resolves wired and wireless network infrastructure issues as needed.
- Proactively monitors the status of our plant networks and systems to ensure proper functionality of all systems and works with team members to come up with long term improvements.
- Works closely with Corporate IT Security & Compliance to ensure technical and operational security controls are incorporated into new and existing plant systems and applications.
- Works with peers to ensure plant networks, systems, processes, and procedures are clearly documented and shares operational knowledge.
- Acts as a liaison between plants and Corporate IT for SAP and network initiatives.
- Works with business stakeholders to ensure project delivery expectations are communicated and met.
- Participates in ongoing maintenance, testing, and governance of business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- This position is part of a team that supports a 24x7 manufacturing operation and off-shift availability is required.
- Actively engages with plant IT team on development plans and initiatives.
This newly created role will be based located at our newly built Monroe Airport plant location, located at 4515 Corporate Center Drive. For more info this 253,000 sq ft state-of-the-art production facility, visit our local careers page: http://www.conmet.com/locations/monroe-nc-airport/
- Bachelor’s degree required (with area of study in Information Technology or related fields preferred) Note: Candidates without a Bachelor’s degree who have 10+ years of progressive IT experience may also be considered for this specific opening.
- 7+ years of progressive IT network experience required
- 2+ years in a leadership/management role requied
- 2+ years of Manufacturing related IT experience required
- Must have solid understanding of Ethernet, specifically TCP/IP, based networks
- Must have experience with the installation and configuration on various network devices and services
- Experience working with SQL and relational databases
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows system administration and Active Directory
- Experience with POTS and VoIP technologies
- Working knowledge of OPC for data exchange
- Ability to travel in the US and Mexico (travel expected to be 25%)
- Spanish language skills a plus, but not required
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus structure
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life and disability protection, and our innovative new vacation plan.
- Significant participation (100% company paid) in the ConMet/Amsted Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Company 401k program (with 5% company match)
- College tuition reimbursement (up to $5,000/year) and internal employee development programs
- Gym membership reimbursement (up to $50 per month)
ConMet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*For recently posted ConMet career opportunities, company news and product innovation updates, please follow us on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/54513