To "Quick Apply", visit the posting on Indeed.com or simply email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (with "Change Management Engineer" in the subject line). Note: We are unable to provide any visa sponsorship of any kind (including H1b or OPT) for this position—all applicants must have permanent legal ability to work in the United States.
Consolidated Metco (ConMet) is a leading global manufacturer of components for the commercial vehicle industry. We design, engineer, and manufacture proprietary wheel ends, aluminum castings and plastic components for the commercial vehicle market. Our team is made up of more than 6,000 people across the United States, Mexico and China. For more information about our company, visit our web site at www.conmet.com. ConMet is a subsidiary of Chicago-based Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers and one of America's largest 100% employee-owned (ESOP) companies.
The Change Management Engineer at ConMet is responsible for leading successful and timely design/product changes via proactive communication and follow up with internal and external stakeholders. This role will interact closely with engineering, sales, customer, supply chain, quality, customer service and manufacturing.
This is a newly created role due to company growth and will be based at ConMet's corporate headquarters in Vancouver, Washington (Portland metro area). For more ConMet HQ info, visit our local careers page at: https://www.conmet.com/locations/vancouver-wa-hq/
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret Engineering Change Notifications (ECNs) from engineering to identify the affected functions, plants and customers.
- Create change implementation plans and schedules with input from affected functional areas.
- Assist Master Data Administrators as needed with interpretation and implementation within the IT function the Engineering Change Notifications (ECN) process that originates from Corporate Engineering.
- Work cross functionally with engineering, advanced manufacturing engineering, supply chain, quality, customer service and manufacturing facilitating effective communications and accountability for successful change implementation.
- Create, submit and track change request and notifications to customers.
- Drive timely customer responses to change requests.
- Drive timely PPAPs from ConMet plants.
- Actively participate in development and launch of Siemens TeamCenter PLM system.
- Create and document key performance indicators for change management facilitating accountability and continuous improvement.
- Five (5) or more years of professional experience in the Engineering and/or Manufacturing arena required
- Bachelor’s degree required; Engineering degree highly preferred.
- Experience with Tier 1 automotive suppliers to automotive/commercial vehicle OEMs highly preferred
- Experience with engineering drawings preferred
- Industrial manufacturing experience preferred
- SAP and SiemensPLM Teamcenter experience preferred
- International business experience (China, Mexico, USA) Preferred
Note: All ConMet hires will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment criminal background check and drug test.
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus structure
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life and disability protection, and our innovative new vacation plan.
- Participation (100% company paid) in the ConMet/Amsted Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Company 401k program (with 5% company match)
- College tuition reimbursement (up to $5,000/year) and internal employee development programs
- Gym membership reimbursement (up to $50 per month)
ConMet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*For recently posted ConMet career opportunities, company news and product innovation updates, please follow us on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/54513