To "Quick Apply", visit the posting on Indeed.com or Linkedin, or simply email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (with "Sourcing Manager - Vancouver" in the subject line).
Consolidated Metco (ConMet) is a leading global manufacturer of components for the commercial vehicle industry. We design, engineer, and manufacture proprietary wheel ends, aluminum castings and plastic components for the commercial vehicle market. Our team is made up of more than 6,000 people across the United States, Mexico and China. For more information about our company, visit our web site at www.conmet.com. ConMet is a subsidiary of Chicago-based Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers and one of America's largest 100% employee-owned (ESOP) companies.
The Sourcing Manager at ConMet is a corporate-level role responsible for providing strategic, developmental and tactical sourcing direction in support of new product development manufacturing. This position oversees the implementation of contracts for products, developing strong supplier relationships, assessing performance of key suppliers and developing business improvement plans to provide a continued focus on delivering improved value to ConMet and our customers. This role is a unique opportunity to work together with ConMet’s Innovation Team bringing new products to market, including our SmartHub and eHub. For more info on ConMet’s Innovation efforts, visit: https://conmet.com/innovation/
This is an individual contributor role with no direct reports and will be based at ConMet's corporate headquarters in Vancouver, Washington (Portland metro area). For more ConMet HQ info, visit our local careers page at: https://www.conmet.com/locations/vancouver-wa-hq/
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- RFQ’s, selection and qualification of suppliers including on-site audits, NDAs, and development of contracts.
- Manages supplier relationships, annual business reviews and feedback on performance.
- Assists in development and implementation of sourcing strategies to reduce total cost, security of supply chain and increase operational efficiency while maintaining engineering and quality requirements.
- Ongoing performance management of suppliers to achieve operational and procurement metrics such as: cost reductions, delivery (OTD and past due), quality, lead time, payment terms and innovation.
- Negotiates supplier pricing for materials and validates supplier price changes are supported by commodity indices and currency exchange rates.
- Establishes and drives continuous improvement targets for suppliers.
- Lead and participate in cross-functional teams for new product introduction, continuous cost improvement and engineering, supply management or warranty problem-solving initiatives.
- Prepares investment proposals (tooling, cost reductions, etc.) for management approval.
- Manages engineering change notice (ECN) process as it relates to procurement.
- Maintains awareness of the relevance and importance of activities and how each contributes to achieving ConMet quality objectives. Understands the importance of ensuring customer quality standards are met. Responsibilities may include the selection of special characteristics, setting quality objectives and related training, corrective and preventive actions, product design and development, capacity analysis, logistics information, customer scorecards, and customer portals.
- Bachelor’s degree required (with fields of study such as business, engineering or supply chain preferred); MBA a plus
- Seven (7) or more years of progressively responsible Procurement and Materials work experience required
- Global sourcing experience highly preferred
- Automotive or heavy truck industry experience highly preferred
- Electric Vehicle/Battery related sourcing experience preferred
- IoT Connected Products (Hardware and Software) sourcing experience preferred
- Experience in a complex manufacturing environment preferred
- Professional membership in local Purchasing Association preferred
- Familiarity with global logistics preferred
- Spanish or Mandarin language skills a plus
- Ability to travel globally (primarily in Asia & Mexico) typically up to 25% of the time
Note: All ConMet hires will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment criminal background check and drug test. Also, we are unable to provide any visa sponsorship of any kind (including H1b or OPT) for this specific position—all applicants must have permanent legal ability to work in the US.
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus structure
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life and disability protection, and our innovative new vacation plan.
- Participation (100% company paid) in the ConMet/Amsted Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Company 401k program (with 5% company match)
- College tuition reimbursement (up to $5,000/year) and internal employee development programs
- Gym membership reimbursement (up to $50 per month)
ConMet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*For recently posted ConMet career opportunities, company news and product innovation updates, please follow us on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/54513