To "Quick Apply", visit the posting on Indeed.com or Linkedin, or simply email your resume to email@example.com with "Facilities Coordinator" in the subject line.
Consolidated Metco (ConMet) is a leading global manufacturer of components for the commercial vehicle industry. We design, engineer, and manufacture proprietary wheel ends, aluminum castings and plastic components for the commercial vehicle market. Based in Vancouver, Washington, our team is made up of more than 6,000 people across the United States, Mexico and China. For more information about our company, visit our web site at www.conmet.com. ConMet is a subsidiary of Chicago-based Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers and one of America's largest 100% employee-owned (ESOP) companies.
The Facilities Coordinator at ConMet’s new Technology Center in Vancouver is responsible for a variety of duties with a goal of maintaining and enhancing the facility’s overall operational excellence. In this unique, multi-functional role, our Facilities Coordinator will plan maintenance and custodial work, manage the warehouse, shipping and receiving areas, handle inventory issues, as well as maintain the highest safety and environmental standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Defines, maintains and organizes daily operational work flow and logistics for the Technical Center
- Organizes and maintains the warehouse storage bays per the appropriate projects / managers and maintains inventory of consumables and stocks the warehouse with these items. Sweeps and light cleaning duties are also necessary to keep the warehouse neat.
- Coordinates shipments, tracks shipments, and troubleshoots problems by contacting suppliers and shipping companies. Loads and unloads delivery trucks and placing receivables in a dedicated organized area in the warehouse. Receives and unpacks shipments, checks for accuracy, and correctly records the shipment
- Communicates with the corporate EHS (environmental, health and safety) manager and the local EHS officer to ensure compliance.
- Maintain an organized efficient disposal area for Garbage, Paper and Metal Recycling and Universal Waste. This would require ordering and scheduling the appropriate sized containers from the respective recycling companies.
- When Plastics or Additive teammates need to ship items, the warehouse coordinator prepares it for shipping and other types of distribution to customers. This requires having flexible packaging supplies. Schedule pickups and deliveries as needed. Maintains an organized contact database of frequently used customers for efficient processing.
- Purchases new consumable inventory items used by personnel in Test, Mechatronics, Additive or Plastics groups using a simplified checklist to identify low inventory and allow lower frequency ordering cadence.
- Implement a new barcode system to track the high volume of plastics subcomponents that shop to be assembled during new program builds. Maintain inventory records so that inventory lists and/or databases reflect how much stock is in the warehouse at any given time.
- Ensures that all safety practices and policies are followed for all entering and exiting the Shop/Warehouse area with a goal of continuing ConMet’s best in class safety performance. Ensure that any new materials entering the building meet SDS guidelines.
- Coordinates the maintenance and training for Forklifts and other relative equipment.
- Coordinates the Janitorial service for the building. Completes general housecleaning duties as required.
- High School diploma or GED required; Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Two (2) or more years of progressive experience in a warehouse, manufacturing and/or distribution center environment required; Five (5) or more years preferred
- Shipping & Receiving experience required
- Inventory management and optimization experience highly preferred
- Trained and Certified Forklift operator status (or ability to attain it quickly) required
- Safety experience (in a manufacturing or warehouse arena) highly preferred; OSHA training a plus
- Excellent computer skills (including Microsoft Office) required
- ERP experience (such as SAP) a plus
- Commercial Vehicle/Automotive (either professionally or as a hobbyist) experience a plus
- Physical ability to do a variety of warehouse cleaning duties as needed and to lift and/or move a variety of heavy objects required
Note: All ConMet hires will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment criminal background check and drug test.
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus structure
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life and disability protection, and our innovative new vacation plan.
- Participation (100% company paid) in the ConMet/Amsted Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Company 401k program (with 5% company match)
- College tuition reimbursement (up to $5,000/year) and internal employee development programs
- Gym membership reimbursement (up to $50 per month)
ConMet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*For recently posted ConMet career opportunities, company news and product innovation updates, please follow us on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/54513