To "Quick Apply", visit the posting on Indeed.com or simply email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Industrial Engineer - Monroe" in the subject line. Please note that we are unable to provide any visa sponsorship of any kind (including H1b or OPT) for this specific position—all applicants must have permanent legal ability to work in the US.
Consolidated Metco (ConMet) is a leading global manufacturer of components for the commercial vehicle industry. We design, engineer, and manufacture proprietary wheel ends, aluminum castings and plastic components for the commercial vehicle market. Our team is made up of more than 5,000 people across the United States, Mexico and China. For more information about our company, visit our web site at www.conmet.com. ConMet is a subsidiary of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers and one of America's largest 100% employee-owned (ESOP) companies.
The Industrial Engineer at ConMet is responsible for driving customer-focused metrics while ensuring cost efficient processes are implemented at our Monroe facilities. This I.E. will work closely with peers in the Foundry, Machine Shop, and Assembly Operations to ensure operational success.
This role will be based at our two Wheel Hub manufacturing plants in Monroe, NC. For more info on our Monroe manufacturing operation, please visit our local careers page: https://conmet.com/locations/monroe-nc/
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Drive projects and performance to achieve top scores with customer metrics.
- Improve Overall Equipment Efficiency and Optimize cost of production.
- Take hands on projects to World Class results in safety, quality, on time delivery and cost.
- Conduct Rapid Improvement Events such as Value Stream Mapping, Kaizen as per business need.
- Implement Lean Six Sigma practices, such as A3, 5 S.
- Coach and mentor other engineers/leads on structured problem solving tools like 8-D/PFMEA/Fish Bone/5-Why.
- Implement robust process tooling management system. Design, implement and support all process tooling.
- Implement and maintain change management process.
- Proficient in Manufacturing Layout, equipment and material presentation techniques.
- Conduct cycle time and motion studies, drive improvements based on the data.
- Optimize material flow, by time studies, material presentation, and packaging revision.
- Work closely with IT team to implement MES reporting system across the two plants.
- Drives continuous improvement culture and activities.
- Works with vendors to develop industry leading, differentiating, production equipment and process designs.
- Work to identify potential safety hazards, follow safety procedures and assisting in the goal of an injury-free workplace.
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in an Engineering discipline such as Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical, Electrical, Mechatronics required
- Eight (8) or more years of professional engineering experience required
- Five (5) or more years of experience in equipment and process engineering project management required
- History of progressively responsible roles in engineering and/or operations positions
- Experience in automotive or similar high volume manufacturing preferred
- Foundry, Machining and/or Assembly experience a plus
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus structure
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life and disability protection, and our innovative new vacation plan.
- Significant participation (100% company paid) in the ConMet/Amsted Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Company 401k program (with 5% company match)
- College tuition reimbursement (up to $5,000/year) and internal employee development programs
- Gym membership reimbursement (up to $50 per month)
ConMet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*For recently posted ConMet career opportunities, company news and product innovation updates, please follow us on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/54513