To "Quick Apply", visit the posting on Indeed.com or Linkedin, or simply email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (with "Payroll/HR Specialist - Vancouver" in the subject line).
Consolidated Metco (ConMet) is a leading global manufacturer of components for the commercial vehicle industry. We design, engineer, and manufacture proprietary wheel ends, aluminum castings and plastic components for the commercial vehicle market. Our team is made up of more than 6,000 people across the United States, Mexico and China. For more information about our company, visit our web site at www.conmet.com. ConMet is a subsidiary of Chicago-based Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers and one of America's largest 100% employee-owned (ESOP) companies.
The Payroll / HR Specialist at ConMet is responsible for a variety of Payroll duties supporting our offices and manufacturing facilities across the United States. This specialist will also support our corporate Human Resources team with employee benefits, compliance audits, and document filing.
This position reports to our Corporate Payroll/HRIS Manager and is based at ConMet’s HQ in Vancouver, Washington. For more ConMet HQ info, visit our local careers page at: https://www.conmet.com/locations/vancouver-wa-hq/
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Prepare and process weekly payroll for domestic employees (United States).
- Perform data entry related to employee maintenance (New Hire, Status changes, terminations, schedule changes, etc.)
- Maintain accurate records of payroll documentation and transactions.
- Report payroll data to Executive Team Members to provide insight used for both analysis and future decisions.
- Enter, monitor, and respond to garnishments and wage attachments.
- Assist Payroll Manager in essential functions including HRIS Administration, the development of customized reports, and tax reconciliation.
- Data Entry of benefits enrollment data into appropriate databases in conjunction with existing time deadlines.
- Perform audit on benefits reports for the Benefits Manager
- Maintain Employee files
- Assist with management of information contained multiple benefits databases.
Human Resources / Other
- Work directly with various internal ConMet customers to facilitate department-wide goals
- Assist with ESOP retirement document filing / retention
- Assist with audit of 401k reports.
- Occasionally assist other corporate HR team members in areas such as recruiting, new hire onboarding and talent development
Education, Experience and Certifications:
- Three (3) or more years of Payroll experience with an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree --OR-- Five (5) or more years of Payroll experience with a high school diploma or equivalent required
- Two (2) or more years of experience processing a multi-state payroll with more than 1,000 employees required
- Human Resources and/or Benefits experience preferred
- HCM/HRIS experience preferred
- UltiPro (Ultimate Software) experience preferred
- CPP/FPC Certification preferred
Additional Required Skills and Attributes:
- Intermediate or advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Process improvement / Innovation minded
Note: All ConMet hires will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment criminal background check and drug test.
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent base salary and annual bonus structure
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life and disability protection, as well as paid vacation, sick time and holidays.
- Significant participation (100% company paid) in the ConMet/Amsted Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Company 401k program through Fidelity Investments (with 5% company match)
- College tuition reimbursement (up to $5,000/year) and internal employee development programs
- Gym membership reimbursement (up to $50 per month)
ConMet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*For recently posted ConMet career opportunities, company news and product innovation updates, please follow us on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/54513