Baltimore Aircoil Company is recognized as the world’s largest manufacturer of evaporative cooling, thermal storage, and heat transfer equipment. BAC products are sold to the commercial building market as components for air conditioning systems, to the food industry for air conditioning and refrigeration applications, and to a broad range of industries for process and power installations equipment cooling.
Should be able to operate all the equipment in their department and know all the department processes and procedures. A Welder should require no supervision and be capable of directing a group of mechanics.
PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES Ability to read and access paperwork, certified prints, Standard work and reference drawings.
- Capability to understand quality standards and seek out issues on the line to communicate to a Station Leader.
- Capable of flexing to other stations when needed.
- Efficient in flat welding components, corners, cowl cylinders, and eliminators.
- Efficient in welding vans and motor bases on cylinders.
- Ability to fabricate eliminator blades on Yoder.
- Ability to learn to operate the cowl machine.
- Understanding of basic Lean Principles of 8 Wastes and 5S program. The ability to contribute new ideas and sustain these processes.
- Must consistently demonstrate good performance in the area of productivity, safety, and overall work habits.
- Basic knowledge of computers including but not limited to Microsoft Office and PeopleSoft.
- Ability to work any shift if needed.
- Critical Thinking – Ability to recognize when the machinery is not running well, trouble shoot and identify issues, make adjustments as needed.
- Communication – Capable of communicating to all levels of employees, i.e. Team Leader, Station Leader, Material Coordinator, and production employees.
- Customer Focus – Understanding of your customers, previous and next stations and finished goods customer. Know their process and how quality and on-time delivery affects them.
- Aligning People and Team Development – Use appropriate methods and interpersonal skills to develop, motivate, and guide Mech III’s new temporary employees.
Baltimore Aircoil Company is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.