The Sr. Human Resource Business Partner with Baltimore Aircoil, Inc. is responsible for partnering with assigned functions and facilitating people and organizational related initiatives across a broad spectrum of HR. Leads or participates in business projects as assigned.
BAC Cultural Values
Show Courage - We are determined to overcome obstacles in order to success.
Drive Innovation – We continually lead the industry in delivering newer, better solutions.
Embrace Responsibility- We care for our world and the people in it.
Earn Trust – We instill confidence in customers and colleagues through our words and actions.
Coaches / Mentors – Works to improve the and reinforce performance of others by providing clear and specific feedback that builds confidence and maintains self esteem
Communicates / Listens – Conveys information clearly and concisely through a variety of methods. Demonstrates attentive and active listening
Confidentiality / Tact – Demonstrates tact and confidentiality in all interactions. Works to build constructive and effective relationships. Displays fortitude by taking a position or challenging assumptions
Problem Solves – Demonstrates a consistent approach to address problems or manage the situation by drawing on established policies, procedures, as well as knowledge and experience. Plans and organizes work to set priorities, objectives and timetables.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or business-related discipline
- HR Certification preferred (PHR, SPHR or sHRBP)
- 6-10 years’ HR experience
- Understanding of Federal and Maryland labor laws and regulations
- Microsoft Office proficiency particularly in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint inclusive of generating reports, manipulating data, and creating visually impactful presentations
- Proficiency in creating HR documents including policies, procedures, forms in both written and web-based formats
- Strong drive for innovation and managing change.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with audiences at all levels
- High proficiency with the use of HRIS systems or similar relational database systems
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to use data to understand trends and develop proposed action plans
- Demonstrated project management skills
NATURE & SCOPE
The Sr. HR Business Partner reports to the Director, Human Resources N.A. The role supports and collaborates with all members of the Global HR team, functional managers and employees and organizational leaders.
- Provides HR Business Partnership to assigned functions. Advises on areas including but not limited to organizational design, recruitment, onboarding, roundtables, talent management, reward management, recognition, training, performance, compliance and employee relations.
- Works with HR colleagues at BAC and across Amsted to benchmark and develop programs/identify appropriate solutions as needed for the business.
- Designs, develops and implements various people programs for Jessup and NYC
- Coordinates or leads selected initiatives across the US or globally.
- Administration compliance programs
- Leads activities associated with talent management including preparation and facilitation of roundtable sessions, training needs analysis and development and delivery of program content as needed, support for individual and team learning, coaching and mentoring and succession planning activities.
- Leads performance management program and campaigns
- Leads employee wellness program
- Innovates within the department to streamline and automate processes. Looks for opportunities to introduce best practices that foster efficiency and create a positive employee experience
- Ensures HRIS data integrity. Runs reports and uses data to make proposals and drive decisions. Enters and audits data as needed. Serves on best practices teams to drive better utilization of HR systems and develop systems enhancements.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk up to 25% of the time. Working conditions include those of a normal office environment, as well as standard hazards associated with installed HVAC equipment and rotating equipment. This position requires occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs, and travel of 10 - 20% of the time.