The Human Resources Specialist at Baltimore Aircoil Company, Inc. is responsible for benefits administration, policy administration, leave administration, and strengthening Baltimore Aircoil's employer of choice brand to our internal customers. This customer centric role partners with the management team and employee population to provide a high level of internal customer service, and consistent application of benefits and procedures. Working with the Human Resources Director, the Human Resources Specialist provides support in the all areas of HR administration and works on projects as assigned.
- Prepares and enters employee records into relevant HR systems. Audits data for accuracy.
- Maintains personnel files.
- Manage internal posting and prepares all information in advance of candidate interview process for exempt and non-exempt positions. Maintains job files.
- Coordinates benefits administration to include claims resolutions and change reporting. Creates benefits communications and utilization campaigns. Completes benefits deduction calculations for any changes to employee benefits.
- Supports the annual open enrollment process.
- Coordinates employee leave communication with vendors and manages leave reporting.
- Supports employee recognition programs including service awards and milestone celebrations.
- Coordinates new employee onboarding and orientation
- Leads HR file and folder organization to ensure ease of record access. Leads transition of HR files to Share-point.
- Develops and runs regular HR reports and metrics.
- Develops a wide variety of communications and publishes announcements
- Supports employee engagement activities
- Back up and participate in other HR functions as needed
- Collaborate with peers locally and regionally to foster sharing of best practices and continuous improvement.
- Support a culture of innovation through original thinking to improve processes, methods, systems or services; translates new ideas into business opportunities
NATURE & SCOPE
The Human Resources Specialist will require significant interaction with all levels of the organization. May participate in teams responsible for employee engagement, community outreach, or quality of work experience initiatives.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 5+ years of administrative experience. Experience working in Human Resources preferred.
- Demonstrated proficiency with entering, reviewing and auditing data. Displays a commitment to precision and accuracy.
- Must display a high level of integrity and maintain confidentiality.
- Constructive thinking demonstrated by the ability to solve problems using a logical, systematic, and sequential approach to professionally handle employee concerns.
- Strong collaboration skills with proven ability to build and maintain partnerships and solid working relationships with management and employees.
- Customer focus with strong influencing skills.
- Strong organizational skills with a bias toward action. The ability to operate successfully in a fast-paced environment, embrace change and balance competing priorities.
- Effective oral communication skills including giving group presentations, contributing to teams, as well as one on one interactions with stake holders and employees.
- Effective written communication skills including the ability to produce professional documents, emails, and presentations.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including charting, and graphing functions in Excel, advanced level user of Word to create documentation, policy, procedures and shared resources, and the generation of compelling communications in PowerPoint.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk up to 30% of the time. This position requires occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs, and travel of 10% of the time.