Baltimore Aircoil Company
Plant Manufacturing Engineer I
Responsible for assigned manufacturing related projects which apply to BAC plants in areas that include but are not limited to application of Lean practices, product improvements, equipment/methods, safety and environmental issues, materials, planning and information systems. Initiates and leads cost out projects including the preparation of Capital Expenditure Requests with financial justification for new technology, advanced equipment, and/or processes. Leads the implementation of the new technologies, equipment and/or processes at assembly plants in North America.
- Participate in profit improvement projects with recommendations to plant leadership and innovation teams on process improvements.
- Help research, evaluate and specify technology and/or equipment for process improvement projects
- Work cross-functionally to analyze the financial impact of the new technology / equipment / process
- Aid in creating the financial justification and prepare the Capital Expenditure Request
- Create and implement technology and/or equipment in plant; track completion against the plan
- Work with Marketing and Engineering departments on product redesign or new product development projects.
- Work in the plant environment to support the addition of new products to existing assembly lines or to set up new assembly lines for products.
- Audit existing processes for conformance to standards
- Coach team members on equipment processes
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline; Manufacturing, Industrial or Mechanical preferred
- 3-5 years of experience with sheet metal fabrication & assembly and process improvement
- Demonstrated project management skill and sound technical judgment
- Excellent skills in MS Office Suite.
- CAD/Drafting experience preferred but not required
- Competent employing continuous improvement tools including innovation and lean in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills
NATURE & SCOPE
The Plant Manufacturing Engineer I will report to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager. This role is based in either Madera or Milford. The position may have up to 4 hourly reports in the manufacturing environment.
The working conditions are those typical of a manufacturing environment. The regular working hours are Monday through Friday - dayshift but require availability for all shifts and weekends for periodic meetings, trainings, or incidence response. Travel up to 10%. Additionally, the position will require an individual to occasionally lift up to 25 pounds, work in a variety of positions to perform inspection and training activities while working in both an office and manufacturing (plant) environment.