POSITION PURPOSE & SCOPE
The role of National Sales Manager (NSM), Industrial Refrigeration at Baltimore Aircoil Company, Inc. is responsible for achieving sales targets across North America. The NSM is responsible to oversee the independent representative organizations, to provide regular reporting and forecasting, and to assist them in applying BAC goods and services to best meet the end users customer’s needs, resulting in revenue generation. The NSM will continually assess the Rep network, and leverage his/her industry influence/credibility to assure optimal market penetration, leading appropriate actions and programs as required to succeed.
This role is also responsible for enhancing BAC’s technical and business credibility to the industry, and through their expertise helps guide in the marketing, market planning and technical development of products and services based on customer needs and feedback.
- Achieve Sales (Revenue) Plan and manage pricing to achieve plan goals.
- Forecast projects and quoting activity, and communicate pipeline to the internal organization
- Lead strategically significant projects in assigned region, and communicate them with the organization
- Direct market channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas and goals.
- Drive incremental sales.
- Develop & maintain relationships with key contractors and end users in the industry, promoting the BAC brand, products and services.
- Enhance BAC’s presence in the Industry through direct participation and through orchestration of the participation by others at BAC, into industry association events and partnerships.
- Directly influence end users to specify BAC equipment, to assist the sales channel’s ability to execute with contractors.
- Manage relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners.
- Manage/coordinate with any regional sales managers who may provide sales management support for portions of the region
- Direct Sales Representatives in assigned territory and motivate, train or change as necessary to ensure regional goals are met.
- Analyze local market conditions and competitive activities, and set strategy to address market actions.
- Identify and communicate product needs based on feedback from Reps and Customers.
- Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities and create strategies to influence reps based on trends.
- Promote BAC through customer and industry organization presentations in the assigned region.
- Collaborate and support internal customers.
- Manage relationships with key clients, assisting sales representatives with solidifying strong relations to negotiate and close deals.
- Identify and fulfill tactical marketing requirements in the assigned region.
NATURE & SCOPE
The National Sales Manager reports to the Business Manager of Refrigeration. This role is responsible for working with BAC employees at all levels of the organizations, sales representatives, contractors, consultants and BAC product users.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Demonstrated relationships with major Industrial Refrigeration contractors and end users in NA
- Broad credibility in the Industrial Refrigeration industry with 10+ years experience in the industry
- Strong technical acumen preferably in refrigeration systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or business, with high technical aptitude. MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in selling to owners in various vertical markets, mechanical consulting engineers and/or mechanical/refrigeration contractors.
- 5+ years’ experience in managing sales of engineered products and solutions through independent rep networks in an assigned territory.
- Relies on extensive leadership, practical experience and judgment to build sales plans, execute strategies and accomplish sales goals.
- Possess a solid working knowledge and leadership of general business, marketing, sales, distribution and engineering, preferably as it pertains to the Industrial Refrigeration marketplace.
- Proven ability to manage independent sales organizations via assertive influence and business support.
- Excellent written & oral communication skills, combined with computer proficiency, with significant experience delivering technical and / or sales presentations.
- Proven ability to train, coach and mentor sales people and sales leaders to successful business outcomes.
- Leadership style and management acumen of a hands-on business owner with an action-oriented approach to managing the business within the region as a P&L.
- Highly competitive nature with a strong desire to win and develop a track record of success.
- Highest level of professional integrity and honesty as well as personal credibility
- Ability to operate with a high sense of urgency, operating steadily, efficiently and effectively to lead and execute initiatives in parallel in a fast-paced environment
- Can assertively influence underperformers, and can negotiate through difficult situations with frustrated customers
- Balances approach for planning and execution, coordinating with peers to deliver fast efficient and effective results
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to interact successfully with all levels of management as well as a diverse work force. Leverages the talents of other team members and departments to achieve objectives.
This position requires approximately 50% travel. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk up to 30% of the time. This position requires occasional lifting up to 40 pounds.