The Aftermarket Engineer with Baltimore Aircoil, Inc. is responsible for providing knowledgeable technical solutions as well as timely, accurate and profitable product customizations. The Aftermarket Engineer will research products in relation to customer needs and develop a strategy within the Aftermarket scope.
- Respond to domestic representative inquiries through excellent written and verbal communication
- Involvement with major process improvement projects currently underway in the Aftermarket
- Research BAC and competitor products in relation to customer aftermarket needs and develop marketing strategy for those products
- Execute to a metrics in order to achieve Aftermarket Orders Plan, territory quotas, quote to order ratio, etc.
- Provide BAC Representatives with equipment selections, competitive product strategy, and systems knowledge
- Provide technical applications support and customization quotes to BAC Representatives worldwide
- Interact with all departments at BAC (Marketing, Customer Service, Manufacturing, Engineering, Warranty Services, Sales, Credit) to support quotations and orders
- Organize data and tools to improve the Aftermarket Applications process
- Utilize the available design tools and collaborate with BAC engineering groups on special projects
- Maintain records of work completed
- Creative problem solving that provides accurate Aftermarket solutions, or alternatives to clarify unusual equipment configurations
- Identify continuous improvement projects to improve service level, quoting quality, and process efficiencies
NATURE AND SCOPE
The Aftermarket Engineer will report to the Manager, Aftermarket Operations. As part of the Aftermarket, the Aftermarket Engineer will have daily interaction with domestic/international representatives, and OEM accounts as well as all departments within BAC corporate and manufacturing facilities.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, preferably mechanical
- Strong mechanical and technical aptitude in order to develop an in-depth knowledge of BAC’s and its competitors product offerings
- Ability to read technical drawings
- Proficiency in 3D Inventor modeling software/2D AutoCAD (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of BAC systems preferred (PeopleSoft, Inventor)
- Proficient with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, DWG viewers
- Sheet metal design knowledge
- A clear demonstration of strength in communication, problem solving, and follow-up
- Performance driven behavior to reply swiftly to inquiries, as speed is essential to quoting in the Aftermarket
- Ability to resolve complex quote requests in an efficient and timely manner
- Customer service orientation (internal or external customers)
- Requires excellent written communication and phone skills, flexibility in handling a wide range of tasks, attention to detail, and effective interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong team player orientation required to provide design and support, professional demeanor, and sense of urgency
- Ability to coordinate/negotiate with suppliers on component price and lead time
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. While performing this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and walk up to 20% of the time. This position requires occasional lifting up to 40 pounds and travel both domestic and internationally up to 5% of the time.