Means TransForm Products, a business unit of Means Industries, is an industry leading manufacturer of metal-formed products and precision propulsion components utilizing advanced proprietary stamping, machining, laser-welding and assembly processes. This business is involved in significant advanced research and application of tooling and die equipment, process design and development. Means TransForm Products has two manufacturing facilities in Saginaw, Michigan; two manufacturing facilities in Sterling Heights, Michigan; a manufacturing facility in Shelby Township, Michigan and a manufacturing facility in London, Ontario, Canada. For more information about our company, please visit our website (www.meansindustries.com).
Means is a division of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted has 45 manufacturing facilities in 11 countries and employs more than 16,000 people throughout the world. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
This position is ideal for a progressive thinking individual with the ability to manage an engineering department bringing technical and professional knowledge to the company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves in the capacity as Customer Representative for OEM's
- Helps to supervise the activities of the Program Managers
- Generates the cost quotes of new parts, tooling, machinery and engineering changes
- Coordinate and track engineering changes and prototype parts.
- Assist in the launch of tooling and machinery programs
- Lead APQP Process for new programs or program changes/ timelines and open issues
- Review and direct CAD/blue print proposal drawings and changes
- Review, direct the change of tooling drawings
- Work with manufacturing and quality departments to improve processes and part quality
- Liaison between the customer and manufacturing/quality departments
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities required
- Bachelor degree and 3 years of experience in Stamping, Manufacturing, & Engineering
- Extensive Automatic transmission component knowledge
- Strong supervisory skills with great analytical capabilities
- Customer interface experience with OEM's
- Accomplished leader of major projects
- Highly motivated individual with exceptional communication skills
- Excellent communication skills for interaction with the workforce, its suppliers & customers
- Previous experience in cost quoting processes
- Understanding of stamping and manufacturing processes and systems
- Understand and be able to read CAD and blue prints drawings
- Tool & Die background is ideal
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge is a plus
- Work may require extended periods of sitting, standing, lifting, bending and stooping
- Usage of a computer and other office machinery such as a calculator, copy machine and printer
- Excellent manual dexterity, ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Means supports and cultivates creativity through a collaborative cross functional work environment. By nurturing innovation at all levels of the company, Means’ desire for progress and improvement helps launch pioneering, transformative technologies within the automotive industry.
With a high level focus on people development, you can grow and develop through diverse work experiences and quality training opportunities. Means is experiencing exponential growth and supports a culture where employees take pride and ownership in their work. As an employee owned company, you will recognize your direct impact on the business and be part of its success (US Only).
Means offers a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching, a health savings account with contribution for US employees and an excellent retirement package.
Means is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.