Plant Manager – Propulsion Systems
Are you someone who:
Desires the freedom and autonomy in determining how work is to be performed, likes an environment that is analytical and fact based and is a comfortable verbal communicator who interacts well with other people. Do you enjoy working in a minimally structured environment that is not overly regulated or controlled with a good degree of variety as well as having many elements of unpredictability every day? If this describes you, then apply now.
What you’ll do:
- Lead high volume assembly plant activities through planning with departmental managers to insure the total manufacturing objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Develop and control the operational and fiscal activities of the plant to include: staffing levels, capital, budgets, and overall performance.
- Provide leadership and training to support and accomplish the Plant Goals and Objectives.
- Lead shop floor organization and plant cleanliness “5S” practices.
- Promotes lean manufacturing principles, participates in elimination of waste (EOW) team meetings.
What we’re looking for:
- An innovative and forward focused Tier 1 assembly plant manager who will lead our Propulsion Systems Plant located in Saginaw Michigan.
- A strong communicator with all levels of the organization and someone who builds strong teams.
- A person who possesses strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- A confident, energetic, results oriented leader who motivates team members to excel through personal accountability, responsibility and team thinking.
- A person who demonstrates unwavering consistency in action and decision-making.
- A Bachelor degree in a related discipline (technical degree or business) with a minimum of five years of experience in manufacturing with a heavy emphasis on lean manufacturing principles.
Who we are:
Means Industries, headquartered in Saginaw, MI, is a Tier 1 global automotive supplier of high value transformational propulsion-system technologies. Established in 1922, Means continues to foster a culture of collaboration through two business units, Means Propulsion Systems and Means TransForm Products. Our passion for problem solving drives everything we do and we remain committed to producing high quality innovative technology solutions for our global customers.
For more information about our company and to apply to this position, please visit our website (www.meansindustries.com).
Means is a division of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
Means offers a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching, a health savings account with contribution for US employees and an excellent retirement package.
Means is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.