Join our 100% Employee Owned Company as an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic
Brenco/ Amsted Rail has been changing lives and putting careers on the move for over 70 years. Come join a team where operational excellence, employee development, and continuous improvement are key success factors. Brenco located in Petersburg, Virginia, is the #1 US producer of tapered roller bearings in the railroad industry. Talented and motivated individuals will have the opportunity to do the best work of their lives with an established 70 year-old company.
What you will do:
Support mechanical processes in an industrial manufacturing plant as an Industrial Maintenance Mechanic and ensure the successful operation of manufacturing systems to meet our customer demands.
All candidates must possess a thorough knowledge of mechanical methods, materials, tools, equipment and systems used in the mechanical trade. Candidates should have a thorough mechanical knowledge to ensure the successful operation of mechanical systems in an industrial manufacturing setting. Should have knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics, as well as the ability to handle all equipment breakdowns, while ensuring all equipment is operating proficiently by performing preventative maintenance. Should follow all best methods/practices followed in maintenance of tools, machinery, and equipment. Must follow all safety precautions in the maintenance and installation of mechanical equipment.
What we are looking for (Education, Experience and Qualifications):
- Industrial troubleshooting experience to assemble, install, test and maintain equipment, apparatus, and fixtures using hand, power, and precision measuring tools
- Possess the ability to diagnoses malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem
- Responsible for observing and following all safety regulations with required PPE
- Respond to maintenance equipment break downs, and installing equipment upgrades for continuous improvement or engineering changes
- Order specialty items for assigned projects
- Perform capital project process when needed
- Understand and abide by safety regulations for OSHA
Additional Preferences/Physical Demands:
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands or arms, climb or balance, kneel, crouch, and crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move more than 75 pounds
- Prior experience as a mechanic in a manufacturing environment
- Ability to read and understand blueprints
- Good communication skills
- Must have ability to exercise independent judgement and creativity in problem solving
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively
- Must be willing to work any shift to support at 24-hour manufacturing facility
About Amsted Rail/Brenco:
We are a privately held, 100% employee-owned company! As an Amsted Rail employee, you are an owner. Our commitment to employee’s professional satisfaction includes creating space and opportunities to be creative and be an integral part of our innovation journey; for employee’s personal fulfillment, we invest in everyone’s growth and development while ensuring a work environment that values them as an individual, with their unique set of strengths and beliefs.
Amsted Rail is an industry leader that can offer more than a chance to succeed. Through our competitive wages, outstanding benefits, and internal development and advancement opportunities, you will have the chance to create a career of which you can be proud, whether inside Amsted Seals and Forming or within one of our other five businesses within Amsted Industries.
Benefits include being an employee-owner participating in our ESOP program and benefiting from an additional full range of benefits including medical, dental, vision and 401(k) with employer matching.
To learn more about us, please visit us online at www.amstedrail.com
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT