We have an exciting opportunity for a General Manager for Inno-Spin, an Amsted and Bihler of America Joint Venture. The position is located at our Center for Excellence for Inno-Spin Technology in picturesque Phillipsburg, NJ, right on the Pennsylvania Border, in the Bihler of America Plant. Inno-Spin combines decades of experience servicing freight rail, trucking, automotive and industrial applications with expert process automation expertise. Today we offer a broad range of superior components to a growing number of industries around the globe.
The General Manager for Inno-Spin is responsible for leading this joint venture (JV), formed between two world-class organizations, within their respective spaces: Bihler of America and Amsted Seals and Forming. By bringing together our unique expertise in automation, process innovation, and engineering excellence Inno-Spin is opening-up exciting new possibilities in the fabrication of round and cylindrical metal components.
The general manager will assume overall responsibility for production, product realization and financial performance of the JV operations while meeting the needs of a very diverse set of customers. The workforce consists of a mixture of Inno-Spin employees, local contract manufacturing employees, and an engineering team from Bihler of America all located in Phillipsburg, NJ. In addition there is a global leadership and support team from Amsted Seals and Forming in Petersburg, VA and Chicago, IL.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to:
- Lead day to day operations of the facility including EH&S, production planning and scheduling, productivity, quality assurance, process and mechanical engineering, maintenance and repair, and supply chain.
- Drive results for plant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), including safety, quality, cost, delivery, absenteeism, training, compliance, on-time delivery, communications, etc.
- Maintain IATF quality standard and work with team to implement continuous improvement initiatives.
- Take a leadership role in developing and mentoring all direct reports; conduct performance management reviews and implement development plans.
- Overall responsibility for the safe and efficient daily operation of production.
- Identify capital requirements to deploy technologies that are adaptive and developmental in maintaining a competitive position.
- Take a leadership role in APQP product realization
- Provide employee leadership in the achievement of common goals while providing a work environment that fosters innovation, inclusion and high-performance
- Drive employee engagement through effective positive employee relations
- Direct a team to define and deliver value for Inno-Spin and their customers
- Plan, organize and oversee engineering and manufacturing facility, meeting all customer requirements and expectations
- Lead employees in the design, engineering, and production of a variety of spin-formed products according to the established production schedule, sales plan and other key performance indicators
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal (as applicable) regulations in safety, hygiene, environmental and human resource areas
- Ensures proactive safe work practices
- Select, develop, and motivate the team while demonstrating resourceful and masterful relationship-building by leveraging the resources available from the global Amsted Seals and Forming organization
- Responsible for the profit and loss; directing preparation of operating and capital expenditure budgets and operating the plant within said budgets
- Works with JV stakeholders and Business Entity President to establish strategies, goals and objectives to drive the business
- Bachelors’ degree
- 5+ years of experience in manufacturing industry; cross-functional accountability preferred
- 5+ years of people management experience
- Experience with regulated quality systems (ISO 9001 and ISO/TS 16949 IATF16949)
- Additional preferences:
- Engineering or other Technical Degree
- Experience in taking a product from design to production
- Someone who has successfully launched new products
POSITION SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Self-directed leader; must assess situations and adjust priorities as needed with little or no direction
- Knowledge of the Core Tools (APQP, MSA, PPAP, SPC, FMEA) and machine capability requirements.
- Must be very approachable and able to develop strong relationships and foster trust at all levels of organization, demonstrating ability to resolve conflict
- Strong technical capabilities to collaborate effectively with the technical teams within the organization and within our supporting organizations and customers
- Ability to build and lead effective teams, ensuring engagement, development and effective cross-training and succession planning
- Inclination for continuous learning
- Capable of defining, analyzing, and resolving complicated problems in a fast-paced ever-changing multi-cultural environment
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, and communication skills are required
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, SAP/ERP systems)
This Position is located at the PA-NJ Border at the Bihler of America plant, close to the Delaware River, conveniently located 30 minutes from the Pocono Mountains, and midway between Philadelphia and New York City. Here you can escape the crowded impersonal developments and find the joys of living in a close-knit community of families and friends, with your choice of nearby airports. For more information please visit our website at www.Innospinmetals.com to find out more about what makes our workplace special.
Benefits include medical, dental, vision and 401(K) with employer matching.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT