Note: For "quick apply" alternatives for this Engineering position, please visit the posting on Indeed or LinkedIn, or simply email your resume to our team at email@example.com (with "Mfg Process Engineer - Machining" in the subject line). Please note that we are unable to provide any visa sponsorship of any kind (including H1b or OPT) for this specific position—all applicants must have permanent legal ability to work in the US.
Consolidated Metco (ConMet) is a leading global manufacturer of components for the commercial vehicle industry. We design, engineer, and manufacture proprietary wheel ends, aluminum castings and plastic components for the commercial vehicle market. Our team is made up of more than 5,000 people across the United States, Mexico and China. For more information about our company, visit our web site at www.conmet.com. ConMet is a subsidiary of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers and one of America's largest 100% employee-owned (ESOP) companies.
The Process Engineer in ConMet's Machining department in Monroe, North Carolina is responsible for maintaining current processes by keeping programs and set up documents up to the current revision level. This engineer is responsible for programming and fixture designs for new parts, initial setup and run off of new processes. This involves overseeing the efficiency and safety of our current manufacturing processes, as well as developing new processes to improve manufacturing efficiency or decrease costs. The Process Engineer needs to be an expert with regards to production equipment, understanding how to operate, change the settings, and optimize machine utilization.
This position is based at our manufacturing plants in Monroe, North Carolina. For more info on our multi-plant operations in Monroe, visit our local careers page at: www.conmet.com/locations/monroe-nc
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Reads blue prints.
- Writes / administrates CNC programs.
- Designs Fixtures; works with Auto CAD.
- Documents set up sheets and maintains accuracy as changes or improvements are made.
- Maintains a program log for each machine to aid in scheduling.
- Analyzes current processes to monitor production levels and improve where possible.
- Troubleshooting day to day machining issues.
- Communicates with engineering while new projects are in the design phase and identifies changes in part design that will improve manufacturability.
- Monitors tooling costs and reports cost savings though process improvements.
- Sets up machines as required.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or 10 years of manufacturing experience.
- 5 years CNC programming experience
- Proficient in Auto CAD or other computer aided drafting tool
- Strong geometry and trigonometry skills.
- Basic level of statistics (SPC).
- Reasoning & Decision Making Ability
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to evaluate processes, equipment capability and design intentions
Other Skills & Abilities
- Proficient with Excel.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to communicate with others at a technical level clearly.
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life and disability protection, paid vacation time and more
- Participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Company 401k program (with match)
- College tuition reimbursement (up to $5,000/year) and internal employee development programs
- Gym membership reimbursement (up to $50 per month)
ConMet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.