Note: To "Quick Apply", visit the posting on Indeed.com or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (with "Sr. DBA" in the subject line). We are unable to provide any visa sponsorship of any kind (including H1b or OPT) for this position—all applicants must have permanent legal ability to work in the United States.
Consolidated Metco (ConMet) is a leading global manufacturer of components for the commercial vehicle industry. We design, engineer, and manufacture proprietary wheel ends, aluminum castings and plastic components for the commercial vehicle market. Our team is made up of more than 6,000 people across the United States, Mexico and China. For more information about our company, visit our web site at www.conmet.com. ConMet is a subsidiary of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers and one of America's largest 100% employee-owned (ESOP) companies.
The Senior Database Administrator (Sr. DBA) at ConMet will focus on administering and maintaining the databases, data warehouses and reporting environment for all on-premises and cloud-based solutions. Job duties include but are not limited to creating database objects, monitoring performance, implementing performance tuning, managing disk space, maintaining replication, creating and maintaining backup and restore plans, managing security, applying updates and patches, creating and maintaining SQL and SSIS jobs and maintaining SSRS and SSAS environment. This position will also be involved in providing administrative support for migrating resources to/from Azure and administering Azure resources like Azure SQL Database, Azure SQL Datawarehouse, Azure storage accounts etc.
This position is a newly created role due to the company's global growth and is office-based at our corporate HQ on the Columbia River in Vancouver, Washington. For more ConMet HQ info, visit our Vancouver careers page at: https://www.conmet.com/locations/vancouver-wa-hq/
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor and tune database performance to meet performance objectives
- Provision database resources
- Ensure database integrity, stability and availability
- Execute recurring and timely database maintenance to ensure consistent and reliable database environment
- Design, document, implement, and monitor archive and other essential log file configuration, operation, and location.
- Review new technologies against business requirements to identify opportunities for process, performance, reliability, or data management, storage or backup improvements and to identify opportunities to improve performance or reduce costs.
- Maintain backup and recovery processes to ensure recoverability.
- Maintain cloud-based (Azure) and on-premises databases and servers
- Refresh test database environments with production databases as required.
- Monitor and troubleshoot issues with all SQL Server stack products (i.e. SQL Server, SSRS, SSIS, SSAS)
- SQL query optimization and index management.
- Support data migration projects, conversions and product upgrades
- Develop a general understanding of technology infrastructures
- Help design and maintain good data warehouse and business intelligence and analytics databases utilizing industry best practices
- Respond to and assist with problem tickets as required
- Six or more years of experience in a DBA role in a corporate environment
- Three or more years of experience in Information Technology (in addition to the required DBA experience)
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server releases 2008 through 2016 and newer
- Significant experience with SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, T-SQL, stored procedures, views, indexes, database tuning and maintenance jobs
- Experience with developing and maintaining ETL jobs for data integration
- Deep understanding of various data architectures and schemas including 2nd and 3rd normal forms as well as star and snowflake schemas, and how to create these in a data warehousing environment
- Experience with PowerShell
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, data science or a related technical field
- Experience with Azure, Azure SQL Database and Azure SQL Datawarehouse
- Familiarity with Power BI and general business intelligence reporting.
- Familiarity with Dev Ops, Team Foundation Server and/or GIT for code version control
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus structure
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life and disability protection, and our innovative new uncapped vacation plan.
- 5% Participation (100% company paid) in the ConMet/Amsted Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Company 401k program (with 5% company match)
- College tuition reimbursement (up to $5,000/year) and internal employee development programs
- Gym membership reimbursement (up to $50 per month)
ConMet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*For recently posted ConMet career opportunities, company news and product innovation updates, please follow us on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/54513