Note: To "Quick Apply", visit the posting on Indeed.com or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (with "Packaging Engineer - Monroe" in the subject line). We are unable to provide any visa sponsorship of any kind (including H1b or OPT) for this position—all applicants must have permanent legal ability to work in the United States.
Consolidated Metco (ConMet) is a leading global manufacturer of components for the commercial vehicle industry. We design, engineer, and manufacture proprietary wheel ends, aluminum castings and plastic components for the commercial vehicle market. Our team is made up of more than 6,000 people across the United States, Mexico and China. For more information about our company, visit our web site at www.conmet.com. ConMet is a subsidiary of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers and one of America's largest 100% employee-owned (ESOP) companies.
The Packaging Engineer at ConMet's manufacturing facilities in Monroe, NC will be responsible for planning and directing activities concerned with design and development of protective packaging containers for the operation. This is a newly created role within the plant and will collaborate with a wide variety of plant and corporate teams. For more info on our recently expanded Monroe manufacturing operation, please visit our local careers page: https://conmet.com/locations/monroe-nc/
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs and implements all work-in-progress packaging for the plants.
- Assists customers with packaging while incorporating ConMet packaging, material handling, and ergonomic requirements.
- Designs packaging systems for customers utilizing ConMet plant requirements and customer set requirements.
- Communicates effectively with customers, suppliers, and vendors.
- Strong emphasis on cost down opportunities, efficiencies and innovation in line with ConMet cost optimization strategies.
- Works closely with Engineering Design Teams to ensure packaging opportunities are managed upstream in development process capturing best practices and overall packaging strategy for the product.
- Validates packaging systems using various testing protocols.
- Provides detail quoting for packaging systems, both returnable and expendable, to the sales engineering team.
- Assists and plans rack storage integrating production and supply chain needs.
- Coordinates movement of returnable packaging for the plant.
- Develops specifications for expendable packaging and sets guidelines for supplier materials.
- Assists Quality Department in eliminating non-conforming product by implementing cost-effective packaging measures.
- Eliminates waste and non-value added processes and materials from the manufacturing environment.
- Trains plant personnel on proper packaging methods.
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Packaging Engineering (or a closely related engineering field such as MFG Engineering) required
- Five (5) or more years of Packaging Engineering experience required
- Certified Packaging Professional (CPP) preferred
Note: All ConMet hires will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment criminal background check and drug test.
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus structure
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life and disability protection, and our innovative new vacation plan.
- Significant participation (100% company paid) in the ConMet/Amsted Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Company 401k program (with 5% company match)
- College tuition reimbursement (up to $5,000/year) and internal employee development programs
- Gym membership reimbursement (up to $50 per month)
ConMet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*For recently posted ConMet career opportunities, company news and product innovation updates, please follow us on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/54513