Note: Are you a fully qualified Corporate Controller candidate with questions about this role? Feel free to call our recruiting team at 360-828-2718.
Are you an experienced, hands-on Corporate Controller looking to take your career to the next level by using your skills in technical accounting, strategic thinking, and both domestic and international operations? Are you a dynamic leader and influencer who can quickly pivot from working with our company’s corporate and plant financial teams on critical accounting operations to collaborating with a wide variety of other innovative leaders and groups within our dynamic, employee-owned organization? If so, our Corporate Controller opportunity will give you a highly visible opportunity to help drive ConMet’s continued global growth and financial success in the expanding commercial vehicle market.
The Corporate Controller at ConMet has a key role in helping to drive the organization to achieve strategic and plan objectives. The Controller will be responsible for leading all aspects of the company’s finance activities, including general accounting, cost accounting, financial analysis, internal control, audit, internal and external financial reporting, and tax, SOX, and regulatory compliance. This leadership position requires a detail-oriented professional with excellent analytical, planning, evaluation, and implementation skills. The Corporate Controller will also establish and implement policies and procedures to identify, resolve, and document accounting issues in addition to providing direction and strategic support to make the reporting processes more efficient and accurate.
This leader will drive a culture of continuous improvement in the finance function and support that culture at the manufacturing locations, providing assistance and direction as required to improve effectiveness and overall performance. The Controller will also lead, recruit, train, and develop a finance and accounting team to ensure current and future leadership of the financial function.
The role is office-based (not eligible for telecommuting) at our corporate HQ in Vancouver, Washington. For more ConMet HQ info, visit our local careers page at: https://www.conmet.com/locations/vancouver-wa-hq/
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance from an accredited college or university required; MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- CPA required
- Ten or more years of progressive corporate experience in accounting and financial management required
- Corporate Controller (or other high-level accounting leadership) experience in a large company environment (more than $300 million in revenue) highly preferred
- Financial experience with international locations highly preferred
- Direct accounting/finance experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
Additional Required Qualifications:
- Proficiency with costing standards, cost systems, and variance analysis
- Strong analytical, communications, and people skills
- Demonstrated ability to partner with leadership teams to develop and execute a company strategy
- Ability to travel domestically and globally as needed (Note: travel expected to be 10-25%)
Consolidated Metco (ConMet) is a leading global manufacturer of components for the commercial vehicle industry. We design, engineer, and manufacture proprietary wheel ends, aluminum castings and plastic components for the commercial vehicle market. Our team is made up of more than 6,000 people across the United States, Mexico and China. For more information about our company, visit our web site at www.conmet.com. ConMet is a subsidiary of Chicago-based Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers and America's 2nd largest 100% employee-owned (ESOP) company.
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus structure
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life and disability protection, and our innovative new uncapped vacation plan.
- Participation (100% company paid) in the ConMet/Amsted Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Company 401k program (with 5% company match)
- College tuition reimbursement (up to $5,000/year) and internal employee development programs
- Gym membership reimbursement (up to $50 per month)
ConMet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*For recently posted ConMet career opportunities, company news and product innovation updates, please follow us on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/54513