Note: To "Quick Apply", visit the posting on Indeed.com or simply email your resume to email@example.com (with "Electrical Engineer - Monroe" in the subject line). We are unable to provide any visa sponsorship of any kind (including H1b or OPT) for this position—all applicants must have permanent legal ability to work in the United States.
Consolidated Metco (ConMet) is a leading global manufacturer of components for the commercial vehicle industry. We design, engineer, and manufacture proprietary wheel ends, aluminum castings and plastic components for the commercial vehicle market. Our team is made up of more than 6,000 people across the United States, Mexico and China. For more information about our company, visit our web site at www.conmet.com. ConMet is a subsidiary of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers and one of America's largest 100% employee-owned (ESOP) companies.
The Electrical Engineer at ConMet's highly automated assembly plant in Monroe, NC is responsible for researching, developing, designing, maintaining, and testing electrical components, equipment, and systems at the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides electrical and PLC controls technical support for automated equipment in assembly area.
- Supports company goals in terms of reducing scrap and improving productivity.
- Designs electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems.
- Develops applications of controls, instruments, and systems for new production processes.
- Directs activities to ensure that manufacturing, construction, installation, and operational testing conform to functional specifications and customer requirements.Provides documentation, detailed instructions, drawings, or specifications to inform relevant parties about how devices, parts, equipment, or structures are to be fabricated, constructed, assembled, modified, maintained or used.Directs and coordinates operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment and systems in field installations.
- Troubleshooting of electrical systems, software, and device disfigurations.
- Communication with team members.
- Ensure the safe operation of all machine control systems.
- Uses computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
For more info on our recently built Assembly operation near the Monroe Airport, please visit our local careers page: https://conmet.com/locations/monroe-nc-airport/
- Bachelor's or Master's in Electrical Engineering AND two (2) more years of electrical engineering experience in a highly automated manufacturing environment
- Associates in an Electrical Engineering related field AND five (5) or more years of electrical engineering experience in a highly automated manufacturing environment
Note: All ConMet hires will be required to successfully complete a pre-employment criminal background check and drug test.
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus structure
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life and disability protection, and our innovative new vacation plan.
- Significant participation (100% company paid) in the ConMet/Amsted Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Company 401k program (with 5% company match)
- College tuition reimbursement (up to $5,000/year) and internal employee development programs
- Gym membership reimbursement (up to $50 per month)
ConMet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*For recently posted ConMet career opportunities, company news and product innovation updates, please follow us on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/54513