Note: To "Quick Apply", visit the posting on Indeed.com or simply email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (with "Corporate SQE - Vancouver" in the subject line).
Consolidated Metco (ConMet) is a leading global manufacturer of components for the commercial vehicle industry. We design, engineer, and manufacture proprietary wheel ends, aluminum castings and plastic components for the commercial vehicle market. Our team is made up of more than 6,000 people across the United States, Mexico and China. For more information about our company, visit our web site at www.conmet.com. ConMet is a subsidiary of Chicago-based Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers and one of America's largest 100% employee-owned (ESOP) companies.
The Supplier Quality Engineer at ConMet is responsible for the implementation and coordination of supplier quality programs. This role is part of our corporate Supplier Quality Engineering team and will have the opportunity to work with all of the company’s product lines. This position is open due to an internal promotion and will be based at our corporate HQ in Vancouver, Washington. For more ConMet HQ info, visit our local careers page at: https://www.conmet.com/locations/vancouver-wa-hq/
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Provide engineering analysis on supplier capability, including ensuring that suppliers are capable of adhering to defined requirements
• Facilitate Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) process for assigned suppliers
• Provide supplier related feedback, reports, and presentations
• Assist suppliers in developing strategic quality improvement plans
• Working in partnership with New Product Introduction teams utilizing design reviews to support and optimize product launches
• Follow up with suppliers on all open action items in a timely manner
• Issue, review, accept/reject and validate supplier corrective actions
• Provide quality assurance related technical support to suppliers
• Support ConMet plant relationship with the supply base
• Bachelor’s or Master's degree
• Three or more years of experience in a quality assurance position in a manufacturing environment
• Statistics analysis experience using software tools such as Minitab
• Ability to travel globally (Note: travel typically 25%)
• IATF 16949 lead auditor certification
• APQP experience highly preferred; AIAG Core Tools training
• PPAP experience highly
• Fluent in Mandarin or Spanish a plus
Note: We are unable to provide any visa sponsorship of any kind (including H1b or OPT) for this position—all applicants must have permanent legal ability to work in the United States.
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus structure
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life and disability protection, and our innovative new uncapped vacation plan.
- Participation (100% company paid) in the ConMet/Amsted Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Company 401k program (with 5% company match)
- College tuition reimbursement (up to $5,000/year) and internal employee development programs
- Gym membership reimbursement (up to $50 per month)
ConMet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*For recently posted ConMet career opportunities, company news and product innovation updates, please follow us on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/54513