*For fully qualified candidates, please attach your up-to-date PDF or Word doc resume to the application.
Consolidated Metco (ConMet) is a leading global manufacturer of components for the commercial vehicle industry. We design, engineer, and manufacture proprietary wheel ends, aluminum castings and plastic components for the commercial vehicle market. For more information about our company, visit our web site at www.conmet.com.
The MES Engineer at ConMet’s Canton, North Carolina manufacturing facility will be responsible for developing and maintaining the facility’s manufacturing execution system in collaboration with cross-functional MES dedicated team at corporate. This position will initially involve the setup and deployment of the system, and eventually will be responsible for monitoring, maintaining and improving the system. The engineer will be in charge of the management of the project to connect all manufacturing equipment, for the purpose of data driven engineering and operational decisions
Our Canton, North Carolina facility was established in 2004 and supplies injection molded, structural foam, gas counter pressure and highly decorative molded plastic products to large heavy truck OEM's. The plant is located 20 miles west of Asheville in the scenic mountains of Western North Carolina. For more info about our Canton plant, visit the local careers page: https://www.conmet.com/locations/canton-nc
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work cross-functionally with the plant team, corporate manufacturing engineering, and corporate IT to develop and deploy MES
- Manage large scale projects, including tracking open issues, driving to milestones, keeping updated timing and budget requirements
- Work closely with local controls engineer to connect manufacturing equipment to MES
- Discuss needs with manufacturing, engineering and managerial personnel to analyze business needs into function requirements
- Act as first line resource to system assembly, deployment, troubleshooting and project requests
- Design, assemble, deploy, and monitor system objects and HMI’s
- Operate within the company’s overall objectives for lean manufacturing
- Collaborate with corporate manufacturing group to develop template, documents and standards
- Train local manufacturing personnel on system use
Education and Experience
Qualified candidates must have one of the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering AND a minimum of two+ years of engineering experience in manufacturing environment supporting operations required. Or,
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical degree AND a minimum of two+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment supporting networking or machine connectivity required.
Minimum one+ years of SCADA/MES experience required (Wonderware preferred)
Minimum one+ years of project management experience required
- Relational database experience is a plus (Microsoft SQL preferred)
- PLC programming experience is a plus
- Strong knowledge of lean manufacturing principles
- Some knowledge of and/or experience with MRP/ERP systems (SAP preferred)
- Some knowledge of and/or experience with network infrastructure and IoT connectivity
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus structure
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life and disability protection, and innovative vacation plan
- Significant participation in the Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Company 401k program (with 5% match)
- College tuition reimbursement (up to $5,000/year) and internal employee development programs
- Gym membership reimbursement (up to $50 per month)
ConMet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.