Note: To "Quick Apply", visit the posting on Indeed.com or LinkedIn, or simply email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (with "Electrical Test & Development Engineer - Vancouver" in the subject line). We are unable to provide any visa sponsorship of any kind (including H1b or OPT) for this position—all applicants must have permanent legal ability to work in the United States.
Are you an experienced electrical engineer driven by innovation and new technology? Are you interested in pushing the limits of conventional design, fostering new ideas to solve complex problems, and utilizing your skills to develop new products? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electrical Engineer to join our expanding Test Engineering team to support our Innovation & Advanced Engineering team focused on validating new product development in the global commercial vehicle market.
Consolidated Metco (ConMet) is a leading global manufacturer of components for the commercial vehicle industry. We design, engineer, and manufacture proprietary wheel ends, aluminum castings and plastic components for the commercial vehicle market. Our team is made up of more than 6,000 people across the United States, Mexico and China. For more information about our company, visit our web site at www.conmet.com. ConMet is a subsidiary of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers and one of American's largest 100% employee-owned companies.
The Electrical Engineer for Test & Development at ConMet provides design and engineering services to support new product development, technology research, testing, and prototype production. In this newly created electrical engineering role, you will be responsible for supporting and validating new designs for vehicle electrification and IoT projects assigned to our Mechatronics Team.
This role be based at our Test Center in Vancouver, Washington. For more ConMet info, visit our local careers page at: https://conmet.com/locations/vancouver-wa-test-center/
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support and manage the validation portion of Electrification and IoT product initiatives.
- Participate in cross-functional development and interface with other engineering disciplines, suppliers, manufacturing, supply chain, and other ConMet functions.
- Develop prototypes and test equipment including circuit and PCB design, sensor and component selection, and firmware and software development.
- Conduct and document design verification and validation activities for new prototype devices including interpretation of results.
- Develop and coordinate design verification and validation plans for the release of new products.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s of Science in Electrical Engineering required
- Two or more years of electrical design engineering experience (in the product development or hardware product testing arena) required; Five or more years preferred
- Firmware / Software development experience required
- Experience designing low power devices for IoT systems highly preferred
- Experience designing machine condition monitoring devices highly preferred
- Experience integrating electromechanical systems preferred
- Machine/Vehicle controllers experience preferred
- Electric Vehicle (EV) systems design experience preferred
- Experience with the design, building and testing of prototypes preferred
- Commercial vehicle and/or commercial vehicle component knowledge a plus
Note: We are unable to provide any visa sponsorship of any kind (including H1b or OPT) for this position—all applicants must have permanent legal ability to work in the United States.
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus structure
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life and disability protection, and paid vacation time.
- Significant participation in the ConMet/Amsted Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Company 401k program (with 5% match)
- College tuition reimbursement (up to $5,000/year) and internal employee development programs
- Gym membership reimbursement (up to $50 per month)
ConMet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*For recently posted ConMet career opportunities, company news and product innovation updates, please follow us on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/54513