Are you an experienced electrical engineer driven by the global shift to electric vehicles? Are you interested in pushing the limits of conventional design, fostering new ideas to solve complex problems, and utilizing your skills to develop new products? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for an exceptional Application Engineer to join our Electrification team focused on new product development and customer deployments in the global commercial vehicle market.
The Electrification/E-Mobility Application Engineer is responsible for providing engineering andproject management leadership and direction to internal and external customers, specific to our new Electrification product line via APQP process. This engineer is tasked with the development of customer relationships, project management, field engineering support and promotion of ConMet technical solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports and manages new development projects with responsibility for setting priorities, meeting customer deadlines and coordinating required activities.
- Acts as a customer liaison, building and maintaining a strong customer network.
- Provides guidance for electrification system component strategies and manages the execution of those strategies based on voice of customer feedback (VOC) and ConMet strategic initiatives.
- Leads field data collection activities and coordinates data analysis and simulation efforts.
- Facilitates selection of components for new electrification products and system configurations.
- Leads investigations and manages response to field performance, as required, and contributes to corrective action plans for key engineering issues associated with specific products.
- Maintains awareness of the relevance and importance of activities and how each contributes to achieving quality objectives. Understands the importance of ensuring customer quality standards are met. Responsibilities may include the selection of special characteristics, setting quality objectives and related training, corrective and preventive actions, product design and development, capacity analysis, logistics information, customer scorecards, and customer portals.
This is a newly created role based at our corporate HQ in Vancouver, Washington. For more ConMet HQ info, visit our local careers page at: https://www.conmet.com/locations/vancouver-wa-hq/
- Bachelor's or Master's of Science in Electrical Engineering or a closely related field required
- Three or more years of engineering experience required; Five or more years preferred
- Experience with BEV, HEV, and PHEV system architecture, troubleshooting, testing, and development required
- Experience developing and testing vehicle control systems; logging and analyzing data required
- Understanding of High Voltage DC battery systems safety and best practices required
- Experience in a customer facing technical role highly preferred
- Commercial vehicle industry experience highly preferred
- Hands on EV prototype build experience highly preferred
Consolidated Metco (ConMet) is a leading global manufacturer of components for the commercial vehicle industry. We design, engineer, and manufacture proprietary wheel ends, aluminum castings and plastic components for the commercial vehicle market. Our team is made up of more than 6,000 people across the United States, Mexico and China. For more information about our company, visit our web site at www.conmet.com. ConMet is a subsidiary of Chicago-based Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers and one of America's largest 100% employee-owned (ESOP) companies.
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus structure
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life and disability protection, and our innovative new uncapped vacation plan.
- Participation (100% company paid) in the ConMet/Amsted Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Company 401k program (with 5% company match)
- College tuition reimbursement (up to $5,000/year) and internal employee development programs
- Gym membership reimbursement (up to $50 per month)
ConMet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*For recently posted ConMet career opportunities, company news and product innovation updates, please follow us on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/54513