Note: Are you a fully qualified Product Manager candidate with questions about this role? Feel free to call our recruiting team at 360-828-2718.
Consolidated Metco (ConMet) is a leading global manufacturer of components for the commercial vehicle industry. We design, engineer, and manufacture proprietary wheel ends, aluminum castings and plastic components for the commercial vehicle market. Our team is made up of more than 6,000 people across the United States, Mexico and China. For more information about our company, visit our web site at www.conmet.com. ConMet is a subsidiary of Chicago-based Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers and one of America's largest 100% employee-owned (ESOP) companies.
The Product Manager for ConMet's newly created Digital Products Unit is directly responsible for leading the development of products and infrastructure within the Internet of Things (IOT) space. In this role, the Product Manager will lead our integration of API’s, provide leadership and direction in developing and maintaining ConMet’s IOT technical platform, facilitate cross functional roadmaps with other equipment PM’s, lead development with key external partners to implement new platforms for growth as well as maintain and/or migrate existing platforms.
This position will be based at our global HQ in Vancouver, Washington, directly across the Columbia River from Portland, Oregon. For more info about ConMet's operations in Vancouver and Portland, visit our local careers page: http://www.conmet.com/locations/vancouver-wa-hq
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyzes market trends and potentials; works with VP’s/Directors of Sales to forecast new and existing product sales for use in planning manufacturing operations and for controlling inventories. Provides product line lifecycle, price, position, market and industry analysis to maximize market share, profit and revenue.
- Creates and drives marketing strategy and plans for specified business segments working closely with Sales and Corporate Marketing Support teams.
- Creates and drives market research activities for specified business segment. Develops and suggests ideas for new products.
- Provides analysis from market/customer demand and recommendations for production planning to the Operations Planning Manager to meet the market/customer demand.
- Develops and recommends market objectives, including sales volume and profit forecasts for assigned product or products.
- Partners with Test Engineering to develop/complete field testing marketing programs to determine customer acceptance; evaluates the effectiveness of promotional and advertising programs; recommends improvements or changes.
- Reviews complaints and suggestions relative to assigned product(s).
- Recommends changes, improvements, or deletions to assigned product(s).
- Participates in the evaluation of potential product/company acquisitions
- Supports market development, sales promotion, advertising, distribution, and pricing policies.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluation, organizing, integrating, and controlling.
- Bachelor’s degree required ; preferred fields of study include an MBA, Business degree, Computer Science, Engineering and/or other technical degree
- Five or more years of Product Management experience required
- Significant (at least one or more years) IoT Product Management experience required
- Proven success in bringing IoT products to market required
- IoT experience in the Automotive/Transportation and/or Industrial Products arena preferred
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus structure
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life and disability protection, and our innovative new vacation plan.
- Participation (100% company paid) in the ConMet/Amsted Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Company 401k program (with 5% company match)
- College tuition reimbursement (up to $5,000/year) and internal employee development programs
- Gym membership reimbursement (up to $50 per month)
ConMet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*For recently posted ConMet career opportunities, company news and product innovation updates, please follow us on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/54513