Note: We are unable to provide any visa sponsorship of any kind (including H1b or OPT) for this position—all applicants must have permanent legal ability to work in the United States.
Consolidated Metco (ConMet) is a leading global manufacturer of components for the commercial vehicle industry. We design, engineer, and manufacture proprietary wheel ends, aluminum castings and plastic components for the commercial vehicle market. Our team is made up of more than 6,000 people across the United States, Mexico and China. For more information about our company, visit our web site at www.conmet.com. ConMet is a subsidiary of Chicago-based Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers and one of America's largest 100% employee-owned (ESOP) companies.
The Quality Engineer at ConMet is responsible for assisting in the implementation, direction and coordination of all quality requirements. This includes performing testing of materials and parts to ensure quality, as well as providing technical guidance and oversight to ensure good quality product that meets customer specifications while remaining economical to produce.
This is a newly added opening and will be based at ConMet's Building 59 Manufacturing facility in Vancouver, Washington. For more info about ConMet in Vancouver, visit our local careers page at: https://conmet.com/locations/vancouver-wa-building-59/
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates with customers and helps manage any customer related concerns
- Creates, maintains and communicates Quality Documentation.
- Creates, implements and maintains Process Audits for the Machining and Inspection lines.
- Develops Layered Process Audits to insure ongoing compliance with process controls.
- Coordinates lab and inspection functions.
- Assists other departments in problem solving and root cause analysis
- Carries out special assignments from the Quality Manager
- Coordinates quality requirements for new jobs.
- Maintain IATF 16949:2016 and ISO 9001:2015 compliance and support with internal/external audits
- Provides technical assistance to production operations and sales.
- Identifies and procures necessary test equipment.
- Provides hands on assistance and participation with inspection and data analysis and entry.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or other technical field required
- Two of more years of related Quality Engineering experience required
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Core Tool training to comply with customer specific requirements.
- Blue print reading skills.
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing skills.
- Metrology capabilities with instruments such as micrometers, calipers and height gauges.
- Effective communication skills with all team members and customer representatives.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and perform problem solving activities.
Compensation & Benefits
- Excellent base salary and targeted annual bonus structure
- Comprehensive employee benefits package, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life and disability protection, and our innovative new vacation plan.
- Participation (100% company paid) in the ConMet/Amsted Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Company 401k program (with 5% company match)
- College tuition reimbursement (up to $5,000/year) and internal employee development programs
- Gym membership reimbursement (up to $50 per month)
ConMet is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
*For recently posted ConMet career opportunities, company news and product innovation updates, please follow us on LinkedIn at: https://www.linkedin.com/company/54513