Means Industries is an entity of Amsted Industries. We are proud of our engineering, manufacturing and product quality excellence. We are looking College Engineer Co-op's join us as we experience substantial growth over the next few years. Means Industries, headquartered in Saginaw, Michigan since 1922, manufactures Mechanical Diode One-Way Clutch, Controllable Mechanical Diode and Clutch Plates for the automotive industry globally. Means fosters a culture of continuous innovation as an engineering design house. We design, assemble and test some of the most sophisticated OWC and Controllable Clutch products for Powertrain and Driveline applications in the industry. Technical expertise is heavily engrained into our culture and we dedicate substantial resources to R&D enabling the rapid progression of our clutch technology.
Means’ utilizes a rotation program with its Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Co-op’s through the Test Lab, Manufacturing, Quality, and Product Engineering. The use of the various rotations is dependent upon the student’s class standing and degree.
Other engineering degrees would remain working in the field matching their degree throughout their Co-op program with Means.
The general work assignments for the rotations cover the following items.
- Assist with basic measurements
- Initiate testing form open test plans
- Test various parts on various pieces of test equipment
- Load and unload the daily workload of starting and finishing test
- Install and remove test tooling
- Perform minor maintenance and re-work of tooling
- Repair and improve machines
- Take ownership of a potential project and determine ROI of implementation
- Train operators
- Evaluate current process from ergonomic standpoint
- Help coordinate containment, sorting, returning of suspect parts
- Work with product engineers
- Coordinate internal and external sort operations
- Determine root-cause of failures for parts
- Review control plans, process flows, PFMEAs
- Maintain gage certifications
- Involved with various auditing techniques
- Review and prepare PPAP documents
- Work with a CAD designer on a project
- Sketch each stack-up for a traditional OWC
- Write, execute and document proper test plan techniques as part of a small project
- Support engineers through day to day activities
We do not have Co-op positions open for Accounting, Business, Human Resources or Marketing Degrees.
Working toward a Bachelor’s degree in one of the following:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology
Must have own transportation