TransForm Automotive L.L.C., is an advanced metal-forming manufacturer of precision powertrain & engine components utilizing advanced proprietary stamping, machining, laser-welding and assembly processes. The company is involved in significant advanced research and application of tooling and die equipment, process design and development.
TransForm Automotive LLC has two manufacturing facilities in Sterling Heights, a new manufacturing facility in Shelby Township, Michigan and a fourth in London, Ontario, Canada. We are owned by AMSTED International, based in Chicago, Illinois. AMSTED Industries is a diversified manufacturer of industrial components serving the railroad, vehicular, construction and building markets.
TransForm Automotive maintains a competitive edge on today's challenging, ever-changing global marketplace with a culture of continuous Improvement, Lean and Cellular Manufacturing philosophies and employee empowerment.
TransForm Automotive L.L.C is actively seeking interested and motivated individuals to participate in a company paid and supplied development program that will qualify you with the following skills and abilities upon graduation:
- Operation, set up, repair, maintenance & construction of various die tooling & related equipment
- Safe operation & ability to organize and maintain all Tool Room equipment
- Maintain and interpret tool tracking data for dies, CNC lathes, and other equipment
- Ability to set up and collaboratively troubleshoot equipment, repair programs and tooling
- Understand, maintain & participate in the creation of system documentation and ensure compliance with ISO/TS16949:14001, Q1, etc.
- Read & Interpret blue prints including GD&T
Successful applicants will participate in a 2 year corporate initiative that will combine in-class theory and lab work with hands-on skill development in the field. The in-class portion of the training will occur 1 week every month, sometimes up to 2 weeks. These classes will take place at Fanshawe College in St. Thomas, Canada, and are a mandatory requirement of the program. Candidates will be given projects and tests relating to duties, responsibilities, and operating rules. In the circumstance that an applicant fails any of the periodic testing, their application for employment may be rejected at that time
During the 3 weeks, not in school, the candidate will undergo rotations at TransForm Automotive in various departments including Tool Room, and those which support it. Upon successful completion of the program and final examination, candidate will be awarded role of Metal Forming Specialist and work alongside our Tool and Die Makers.
This is a great opportunity to start a career with TransForm Automotive. No experience required. Full training provided.
- Two year program to complete education beginning to end
- 100% of the schooling paid
- Wages are paid to take schooling
- Relevant Employment is provided while not in school
- Accommodations while out of country paid
- Employed at Transform Automotive while undergoing rotations through various departments, including the tool room while not in school
Interested candidates should highlight their ability to meet the following essential skills, abilities & working conditions:
- Ability to travel legally between the United States and Canada
- High School Diploma or equivalent that will allow you to attend required college level courses
- Flexibility to support or be assigned to roles and responsibilities on any of the three shift of operations
- Ability to work in a manufacturing environment including sitting, standing, lifting, bending, climbing & stooping
- Ability to maintain attendance standards that will allow meeting requirements of On the Job & Classroom training requirements
- Attention to detail
- Critical thinking
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people to meet deadlines and project goals
TransForm Automotive offers an excellent Pension Plan, Medical, Dental, Optical and Life Insurance benefits as well as Holiday pay after 30 days.
TransForm Automotive L.L.C. is an equal opportunity employer, offers competitive compensation, challenging career opportunities and was voted one of Macomb County’s top Companies for Champion of Workforce Development.