Are you someone who enjoys autonomy, being judged on delivering your results your way, and where you have elements of individual challenge driving the overall result? Do you enjoy a team driven environment in a structured environment with task focus? If this describes what motivates you every day, then this may be the positon made for you.
What you’ll do:
- Designs, develops and improves new innovative and existing mechatronics systems in conformance to customer specifications.
- Design and/or direct CAD Operators in the design of new products
- Analyze design concepts for fit, function, manufacturability and ease of assembly.
- Direct CAE operators to complete complex analyses for development projects. Complete backup calculations to insure correct CAE results.
- Coordinate engineering activities between the Customer, Product Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Sales/Marketing and the supply base.
- Coordinates the fabrication of prototypes
- Directs fabrication, conducts build and directs testing of prototypes.
- Prepare preliminary engineering cost studies.
- Helps prepare marketing and competitor analysis studies to aid in strategic planning and capital programs.
What we’re looking for:
- A dedicated person who has earned their Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Mechanical, or Mechatronic Engineering. In addition you must have a minimum of 3+ years in an Electrical and or Mechanical, or Mechatronic Engineering field. Applicable Co-op experience can count. It is preferred that you have Powertrain knowledge.
- A leader who is a strong communicator who builds teams across multiple facets of the organization and outside of the organization.
- Knowledge of Arduino and Spice, Matlab/Simulink or equivalent, GD&T, stack analysis techniques and Mathcad or Matlab to complete complex analysis calculations.
- Extensive knowledge of materials and heat treat processes
- Someone who has detailed knowledge of fully characterized electromechanical actuation systems such as solenoids, DC motors, electromagnetic, and sensors (Hall, inductive)
- Knowledge of PCB assembly and testing.
- Detailed knowledge of over molding, coil winding, soldering, crimping, potting, mechanical properties of magnets, thermal effects on actuators and PCB’s, and electromagnetic compatibility.
- Detailed knowledge of spring design (compression, torsional, belleville, and wave), bearings, bushings, threaded connections, retaining devices, such as snap rings, and spline and gearing calculations.
- Knowledge of how to design for the following processes: casting, powdered metal forming, and stamping/forming and forging.
Who we are:
Means Industries, headquartered in Saginaw, MI, is a Tier 1 global automotive supplier of high value transformational propulsion-system technologies. Established in 1922, Means continues to foster a culture of collaboration through two business units, Means Propulsion Systems and Means TransForm Products. Our passion for problem solving drives everything we do and we remain committed to producing high quality innovative technology solutions for our global customers.
For more information about our company and to apply to this position, please visit our website (www.meansindustries.com).
Means is a division of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
Means supports and cultivates creativity through a collaborative cross functional work environment. By nurturing innovation at all levels of the company, Means’ desire for progress and improvement helps launch pioneering, transformative technologies within the automotive industry.
With a high level focus on people development, you can grow and develop through diverse work experiences and quality training opportunities. Means is experiencing exponential growth and supports a culture where employees take pride and ownership in their work. As an employee owned company, you will recognize your direct impact on the business and be part of its success (US Only).
Means offers a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching, a health savings account with contribution for US employees and an excellent retirement package.
Means is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. No agencies.