Means Industries, headquartered in Saginaw, MI, is a Tier 1 global automotive supplier of high value transformational propulsion-system technologies. Means leverages its unique process and product design capabilities to produce award winning innovations that improve fuel economy and reduce mass through its Controllable Mechanical Diode (CMD) Selectable One Way Clutch, Advanced Metal-Forming and Joining Capabilities, and our emerging Dynamic Clutch Technologies that are designed to enable efficient Propulsion Electrification.
Established in 1922, Means continues to foster a culture of collaboration through two business units, Means Propulsion Systems and Means TransForm Products. Our passion for problem solving drives everything we do and we remain committed to producing high quality innovative technology solutions at our three manufacturing facilities in Saginaw, Michigan; two manufacturing facilities in Sterling Heights, Michigan; a manufacturing facility in Shelby Township, Michigan; a manufacturing facility in London, Ontario, Canada and a Sales and Engineering Office in both Tokyo, Japan and Shanghai, China. For more information about our company, please visit our website (www.meansindustries.com).
Means is a division of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted has 45 manufacturing facilities in 11 countries and employs more than 16,000 people throughout the world. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
Means Propulsion Systems, a business unit of Means Industries, designs, tests and produces some of the most sophisticated products for the global Propulsion industry. Core technologies (traditional and electrified propulsion) include Selectable One-Way Clutches, Mechanical Diode One Way Clutches, Dynamic Controllable Mechanical Diodes and Integrated Shifting Systems. Our engineers deliver robust engineering and manufacturing solutions by partnering with customers from the conceptual phase straight through to design and integration. Means Propulsion Systems has a manufacturing facility in Saginaw, Michigan and Sales and Engineering Offices in Tokyo, Japan and Shanghai, China. For more information about our company, please visit our website (www.meansindustries.com).
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE
*Please note that Means Industries is not offering visa sponsorship of any kind for this position.
For more information about our company, visit our web site at www.meansindustries.com .
Responsible for the design, development, testing and validation of Means engineered products. This includes, but is not limited to mechanical diodes, controllable mechanical diodes and associated components.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and/or direct CAD operators in the design of new products. Submit design work requests as required to obtain support.
- Coordinate fabrication of prototypes. Assemble prototypes and document builds in conformance with customer/internal requirements.
- Verify that designs/specifications meet all customer fit and function requirements through analysis and testing. Verify that designs can be manufactured within specification.
- Establish test requirements and procedures. Request and direct product testing. Review test results, develop conclusions/recommendations, prepare reports and communicate the above to appropriate customers.
- Attend and actively represent Means Product Engineering in APQP meetings for internal operations as well as those of our customer and tiered suppliers.
- Prepare DFMEAs for new products. Coordinate with Means manufacturing to assure PFMEAs, control plans and process flows support DFMEAs and desired product specifications.
- Represent Means as the primary customer liaison for the products and engineers above. Actively participate in the resolution of product concerns. Develop relationships with customer design, development, quality and advanced product engineers. Liaison with Means’ manufacturing, operations and assembly personnel in the areas of quality, purchasing, product and process improvement.
- Prepare and submit 8D problem solving documentation as required by the customer. Prepare and maintain timing charts for various program phases. Work with Purchasing and Sales for the preparation and completion of the quotation process. Coordinate efforts with suppliers as needed to facilitate the process.
Means Industries offers employees the stability of an established industry leader, along with the chance to learn, grow, advance and make a difference. As a private company, we are all stakeholders in this business and all have a common goal to make this company not only a profitable company, but also a place to grow our careers.
Means, an entity of Amsted, is employee owned with a competitive salary, and benefits package.