Means Industries, headquartered in Saginaw, Michigan since 1922 manufactures Mechanical Diode One-Way Clutches, Controllable Mechanical Diode Selectable Clutch Plates, high precision formed metal powertrain components and subassemblies for the automotive industry globally. Means fosters a culture of continuous innovation as an engineering design house. We design, assemble and test some of the most sophisticated OWC and Controllable Clutch products for Powertrain and Driveline applications in the industry. Means has a passion for problem solving that drives everything we do.
Means Industries is a subsidiary of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted has 45 manufacturing facilities in 11 countries and employs more than 16,000 people throughout the world. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE
*Please note that Means Industries is not offering visa sponsorship of any kind for this position.
For more information about our company, visit our web site at www.meansindustries.com .
Responsible for the design, development, testing and validation of Means engineered products. This includes, but is not limited to mechanical diodes, controllable mechanical diodes and associated components.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design and/or direct CAD operators in the design of new products. Submit design work requests as required to obtain support.
- Coordinate fabrication of prototypes. Assemble prototypes and document builds in conformance with customer/internal requirements.
- Verify that designs/specifications meet all customer fit and function requirements through analysis and testing. Verify that designs can be manufactured within specification.
- Establish test requirements and procedures. Request and direct product testing. Review test results, develop conclusions/recommendations, prepare reports and communicate the above to appropriate customers.
- Attend and actively represent Means Product Engineering in APQP meetings for internal operations as well as those of our customer and tiered suppliers.
- Prepare DFMEAs for new products. Coordinate with Means manufacturing to assure PFMEAs, control plans and process flows support DFMEAs and desired product specifications.
- Represent Means as the primary customer liaison for the products and engineers above. Actively participate in the resolution of product concerns. Develop relationships with customer design, development, quality and advanced product engineers. Liaison with Means’ manufacturing, operations and assembly personnel in the areas of quality, purchasing, product and process improvement.
- Prepare and submit 8D problem solving documentation as required by the customer. Prepare and maintain timing charts for various program phases. Work with Purchasing and Sales for the preparation and completion of the quotation process. Coordinate efforts with suppliers as needed to facilitate the process.
Means Industries offers employees the stability of an established industry leader, along with the chance to learn, grow, advance and make a difference. As a private company, we are all stakeholders in this business and all have a common goal to make this company not only a profitable company, but also a place to grow our careers.
Means, an entity of Amsted, is employee owned with a competitive salary, and benefits package.