To provide engineering/controls support for manufacturing processes, projects, plant and equipment operations, cost reduction programs and capital expenditures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, integrate, or improve manufacturing systems or related processes. Work with cross-functional teams to refine product designs to increase production and decrease costs.
- Maintain/update electrical drawings.
- Works with equipment suppliers to assure that new and existing equipment meet requirements for quality, safety and durability.
- Work with equipment suppliers to assure that new and existing equipment meet requirements for quality, safety and durability.
- Support manufacturing including; training of Operators and Maintenance personnel, troubleshooting equipment controls, setup and work area design, ergonomics and safety.
- Writes specifications for new or existing manufacturing equipment.
- Interfaces with Product Engineering, Quality, Test, and Design to assure that new products are easily manufactured to meet customer requirements.
- Willingness to participate in internal training.
- Organizational skills and the ability to multi-task, taking on several projects at once.
- Requires ability to interact professionally with other departments and venders.
- Ability to analyze problems, specify solutions and implement solutions.
- Requires excellent problem solving skills, with the ability to find ways to work under pressure and still make deadlines without cutting corners or endangering the integrity of the equipment and/or the employer as a whole.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, or Associates Degree in Computer Science. Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or 2 year Technical Degree in Robotic Automation/Computer Sciences
• 8 years of on the job work experience in controls, primarily focused on machine design/ machine build.
• Knowledge of electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical schematics/ prints and how these systems interact.
• Ability to work in team setting sharing knowledge and ideas
• Ability to adapt to/learn new controls technology and software
• Ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
• Understanding and communicating technical details
• Knowledge of multi axis servo systems
• Industrial vision systems
• Basic networking knowledge and application
• Fieldbus Technologies (ex: Ethernet/IP,EtherCAT, IOLink, Modbus)
• Interfacing and communication with devices; analog, fieldbus, etc.
• Rockwell Suite (Studio 5000,FactoryTalk, RSLogix)
• MS Office Suite