Are you someone who is eager to work with manufacturing, product engineering, and purchasing teams as well as with our supply base? Do you enjoy getting your hands dirty and working together to come up with the best possible solutions? If so, this will be the right opportunity for you.
Means Industries is an entity of Amsted Industries. We are proud of our engineering, manufacturing and product quality excellence. We are looking for talented team members to join us as we experience substantial growth over the next few years. Means Industries, headquartered in Saginaw, Michigan since 1922, manufactures Mechanical Diode One-Way Clutch, Controllable Mechanical Diode and Clutch Plates for the automotive industry globally. Means fosters a culture of continuous innovation as an engineering design house. We design, assemble and test some of the most sophisticated OWC and Controllable Clutch products for Powertrain and Driveline applications in the industry. Technical expertise is heavily engrained into our culture and we dedicate substantial resources to R&D enabling the rapid progression of our clutch technology.
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE
*Please note that Means Industries is not offering visa sponsorship of any kind for this position.
You can find more information and apply through our Career tab on our website at www.meansindustries.com
Working primarily with suppliers, performs a wide array of quality related functions and development. Good communication skills with customers and employees are an essential element in performing this position. Must also remain updated in current and new events, technologies and educational developments in the qualify field. This is a clean environmentally controlled manufacturing facility. The position is located right off of I-75 which is 34 minutes from Flint and 18 from Frankenmuth, MI.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Actively supports and maintains QMS standards within the plant and at Supplier locations.
- Aids in the operation of sample submission packages.
- Acts as a focal point to support customer concerns with respect to quality. Organizes cross-functional teams to develop corrective actions utilizing 8-D, or similar approved formats.
- Provides Supplier Customer Specific training as required.
- Key team member of the Advance Quality Planning function as a liaison with Supplier facilities.
- Fluent in industry practices and statistical methods.
- Review, critique and approve supplier Process Flow, PFMEA and Control Plans.
- Support the production floor operations when dealing with potential supplied component defects.
- Performs GR/R on production equipment.
- Travel to suppliers for program reviews, development, and problem solving.
- Performs Dock Audit for outgoing shipments and Process Audit of production programs.
- Maintains supplier SCAR system and tracks issue to closure.
REQUIREMENTS and SKILLS
As a Supplier Quality Engineer you must represent our company well by being responsible, punctual and motivated to go above and beyond the call of duty. You must also be highly detail-oriented and organized with excellent analytic and problem-solving abilities. It is also important that you display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Education: Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Experience: 5 – 7 years in Quality field in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Experience with powdered metal, aluminum die-casting, and machining a plus.
- Have IATF 16949/ISO 14001 Implementation experience.
- Establish clear expectations and collaborate with internal and external partners that lead to consistent and reliable quality products.
- Able to apply elements of PPAP approval, GDT, 8d, Ishikawa/Fishbone, and 5 Whys.
- Experience with FMEA, Control Plans, Process Flow, AIAG requirements, SPC, APQP.
- Will be required to travel 25%-50%.
- Able to interpret CMM reports.
- Good understanding of MSA and process/product capability.
- Efficient in Microsoft tools.
Means, an entity of Amsted, is an employee owned company with a competitive salary and full benefits package including a retirement package that has a 401k and, something unique, an Employee Stock Ownership Program.