Do you enjoy a team driven environment in a structured environment with task focus? Are you someone who likes to move from one item to the next as priorities change? If this describes what motivates you every day, then this may be the position made for you.
What you’ll do:
- Model and analyze new and existing products using virtual and experimental tools to provide both internal and external customers with the data necessary to produce products that satisfy the final customer’s requirements.
- Participate in and contribute to component and system design processes from concept to production by analyzing, designing, and recommending methods to optimize OWC products using finite element analysis and multi-body dynamics software, other engineering software, and experimental and analytical methods while interfacing with designers, project and manufacturing engineers, and customers.
- Create CAE reports for internal and external distribution.
- Improve correlation between CAE and test results by incorporating experimental testing and new analytical methods.
- Research, evaluate, and implement new ideas, methods, CAE software, hardware and new technology to support the organization’s goals.
What we’re looking for:
- In addition you must have a minimum of two years Product Design Engineering experience, a minimum of one year product analysis experience. A minimum of one year of one year of Automotive Drive Line Product Analysis experience would be preferred.
- A dedicated person who has earned their Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering field with additional training in a simulation discipline like finite element analysis. In addition, you must have a one year of product design, development, or analysis experience and one year of exposure to the implementation of an ISO/TS16949 compliant quality system. Automotive drivetrain experience is preferred.
- Familiarity with GD&T, tolerance stacks, tolerance analysis software, Six Sigma, SPC, manufacture of powder metal components, and design of experiments.
- Strong analytical background with experience using CAE tools including finite element analysis, multi-body dynamics, and/or computational fluid dynamics. Abaqus and Virtual Lab Motion preferred.
- Experience with solid modeling (e.g. NX, Catia and Creo) and product lifecycle management (PLM). PTC Windchill PLM is preferred.
- Experience with experimental mechanics including material and component testing, ASTM standards, strain gaging, modal analysis, and data acquisition.
- Experience with one or more programming languages including .NET, Python, Matlab, Mathcad or equivalent engineering codes.
Who we are:
Means Industries, headquartered in Saginaw, MI, is a Tier 1 global automotive supplier of high value transformational propulsion-system technologies. Established in 1922, Means continues to foster a culture of collaboration through two business units, Means Propulsion Systems and Means TransForm Products. Our passion for problem solving drives everything we do and we remain committed to producing high quality innovative technology solutions for our global customers.
For more information about our company and to apply to this position, please visit our website (www.meansindustries.com).
Means is a division of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
Means supports and cultivates creativity through a collaborative cross functional work environment. By nurturing innovation at all levels of the company, Means’ desire for progress and improvement helps launch pioneering, transformative technologies within the automotive industry.
With a high level focus on people development, you can grow and develop through diverse work experiences and quality training opportunities. Means is experiencing exponential growth and supports a culture where employees take pride and ownership in their work. As an employee owned company, you will recognize your direct impact on the business and be part of its success (US Only).
Means offers a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching, a health savings account with contribution for US employees and an excellent retirement package.
Means is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. No agencies.