Means Industries, headquartered in Saginaw, Michigan since 1922 manufactures Mechanical Diode One-Way Clutches, Controllable Mechanical Diode Selectable Clutch Plates, high precision formed metal powertrain components and subassemblies for the automotive industry globally. Means fosters a culture of continuous innovation as an engineering design house. We design, assemble and test some of the most sophisticated OWC and Controllable Clutch products for Powertrain and Driveline applications in the industry. Means has a passion for problem solving that drives everything we do.
Means Industries is a subsidiary of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted has 45 manufacturing facilities in 11 countries and employs more than 16,000 people throughout the world. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
NO RECRUITERS PLEASE
*Please note that Means Industries is not offering visa sponsorship of any kind for this position.
For more information about our company, visit our web site at www.meansindustries.com.
Model and analyze new and existing products, make recommendations and prepare reports to ensure customer specifications are satisfied and that the products can be manufactured using the established capabilities of the Corporation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Should have 3D CAD experience.
- Able to analyze components and assemblies using Finite Element Analysis software.
- Able to analyze components and assemblies using multi-body dynamics software.
- Maintains the integrity of personal and system files. Able to manage CAD data files using PLM software.
- Prepares concept design studies.
- Interfaces with OWC Designers, Project Engineers, Manufacturing Engineers and the customers engineering departments as necessary.
- Prepares documentation (conclusions and recommendations) for design reviews.
- Prepares Finite Element Analysis reports.
- Determines and recommends methods to analyze and optimize OWC products.
- Develops MathCad or Matlab programs to quickly evaluate common design parameters.
- Researches and recommends software and hardware analytical tools.
Education: Must have a minimum of a Bachelors Degree in an Engineering field with additional training in Finite Element Analysis.
Experience: Must have a minimum of two years Product Design Engineering experience. A minimum of one year product analysis experience. A minimum of one year of one year of Automotive Drive Line Product Analysis experience would be preferred.