Are you someone who enjoys autonomy, being judged on delivering your results your way, and where you have elements of individual challenge driving the overall result? Do you enjoy a team driven environment in a structured environment with task focus? If this describes what motivates you every day, then this may be the position made for you. This position will focus on implementing lean manufacturing techniques across our facility, with the goal of improving quality and efficiency of the assembly process.
What you’ll do:
- Provide engineering support for highly automated Assembly processes
- Identify/Implement cost reduction programs for capital expenditures
- Support production including; training of Operators/Maintenance personnel, troubleshooting equipment and controls
- Design/specify tolls and/or machines of varying types for use in the assembly/test of products
- Utilize data shown s downtime, scrap, efficiencies, etc. to plan and strategize countermeasures for equipment and process problems
- Work with equipment suppliers to assure that new and existing equipment meet requirements for quality, safety and efficiency
- Help MPS grow by being an active participant in the APQP/Gemba process
- All other duties as assigned
What we’re looking for:
- Someone with a Bachelors of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field/experience.
- A person with a minimum of 3 years in automation equipment.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Strong Mechanical aptitude.
- Team oriented individual with excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Proficient Microsoft Office, Autocad/Solidworks.
- Blueprint reading skills & familiarity with GD&T.
- Lean six sigma experience
Who we are:
Means Industries, headquartered in Saginaw, MI, is a Tier 1 global automotive supplier of high value transformational propulsion-system technologies. Established in 1922, Means continues to foster a culture of collaboration through two business units, Means Propulsion Systems and Means TransForm Products. Our passion for problem solving drives everything we do and we remain committed to producing high quality innovative technology solutions for our global customers.
For more information about our company and to apply to this position, please visit our website (www.meansindustries.com).
Means is a division of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
Means supports and cultivates creativity through a collaborative cross functional work environment. By nurturing innovation at all levels of the company, Means’ desire for progress and improvement helps launch pioneering, transformative technologies within the automotive industry.
With a high level focus on people development, you can grow and develop through diverse work experiences and quality training opportunities. Means is experiencing exponential growth and supports a culture where employees take pride and ownership in their work. As an employee owned company, you will recognize your direct impact on the business and be part of its success (US Only).
Means offers a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching, a health savings account with contribution for US employees and an excellent retirement package.
Means is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. No agencies.