To provide engineering support for manufacturing processes, projects, plant and equipment operations, cost reduction programs and capital expenditures.
This position reports to Manufacturing Engineering Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Fully participate and support the Means Industries Quality Management System.
- Supports safety and good housekeeping practices.
- Writes procedures for operation of new or existing manufacturing equipment.
- Designs/specifies tools and/or machines of varying types for use in manufacture and test of products. Develops processes, methods, tooling and production controls for new programs, supervises their assembly and proofing.
- Maintains/updates tooling drawings using Autocad/Solidworks.
- Advanced quality planning participant and leader.
- Support manufacturing including; training of Operators and Maintenance personnel, troubleshooting equipment and controls, setup and work area design, ergonomics and safety.
- Works with equipment suppliers to assure that new and existing equipment meet requirements for quality, safety and durability.
- Writes specifications for new or existing manufacturing equipment.
- Interfaces with Product Engineering, Quality, Test, and Design to assure that new products are easily manufactured to meet customer requirements.
- Performs other manufacturing tasks as assigned by Manager.
Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Computer literacy required (familiar with Autocad/Solidworks, Excel, and Word as minimum requirements).
- Familiarity with SPC and Gauge R&R.
- Strong mechanical aptitude. Blueprint reading skills & familiarity with GD&T.
- Familiarity with Allen Bradley controls.
- Team oriented individual.
- Possess working knowledge of ISO/TS 16949, ISO 14001.
Bachelors of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
Minimum of 5 years in automotive Tier 1 assembly operations.
Essential Mental Functions
- Ability to properly balance employee advocacy and business requirements.
- Well-organized, with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs in a dynamic environment.
- Able to work independently and within a team.
Essential Physical Demands
- Excellent manual dexterity with the ability to lift and carry up to 80 pounds frequently.
- Work may require extended periods of sitting, standing, lifting, bending, stooping and doing repetitive motion tasks.