Are you someone who enjoys autonomy, being judged on delivering your results your way, and where you have elements of individual challenge driving the overall result? Do you enjoy a team driven environment in a structured environment with task focus? If this describes what motivates you every day, then this may be the position made for you.
What you’ll do:
- To provide engineering support for manufacturing processes, projects, plant and equipment operations, cost reduction programs and capital expenditures.
- Designs/specifies tools and/or machines of varying types for use in manufacture and test of products. Develops processes, methods, tooling and production controls for new programs, supervises their assembly and proofing.
- Advanced quality planning participant and leader.
- Support manufacturing including; training of Operators and Maintenance personnel, troubleshooting equipment and controls, setup and work area design, ergonomics and safety.
- Works with equipment suppliers to assure that new and existing equipment meet requirements for quality, safety and durability.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone with a Bachelors of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- A person with a minimum of 5 years in automotive Tier 1 assembly operations.
- Team oriented individual with excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Familiar with Autocad/Solidworks, Excel, and Word.
- SPC and Gauge R&R knowledge.
- Blueprint reading skills & familiarity with GD&T.
- Familiarity with Allen Bradley controls.
- Working knowledge of ISO/TS 16949, ISO 14001.
Who we are:
Means Industries, headquartered in Saginaw, MI, is a Tier 1 global automotive supplier of high value transformational propulsion-system technologies. Established in 1922, Means continues to foster a culture of collaboration through two business units, Means Propulsion Systems and Means TransForm Products. Our passion for problem solving drives everything we do and we remain committed to producing high quality innovative technology solutions for our global customers.
For more information about our company and to apply to this position, please visit our website (www.meansindustries.com).
Means is a division of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
Means supports and cultivates creativity through a collaborative cross functional work environment. By nurturing innovation at all levels of the company, Means’ desire for progress and improvement helps launch pioneering, transformative technologies within the automotive industry.
With a high level focus on people development, you can grow and develop through diverse work experiences and quality training opportunities. Means is experiencing exponential growth and supports a culture where employees take pride and ownership in their work. As an employee owned company, you will recognize your direct impact on the business and be part of its success (US Only).
Means offers a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching, a health savings account with contribution for US employees and an excellent retirement package.
Means is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. No agencies.