Are you someone who likes work variety where you can juggle multiple things and are comfortable with verbal communication? Do you enjoy a team driven environment in a structured environment with task focus? If this describes what motivates you every day, then this may be the position made for you.
What you’ll do:
- You will be responsible for supporting the daily production manufacturing operations of the facility and ensuring quality production of manufactured parts.
- Adapt and promote lean manufacturing principals, participate in Elimination of Waste program, and use Problem Solving and Root Cause Analysis to take corrective actions.
- Enforce required safety standards on the floor and keep production areas in ideal state to meet and or exceed 5S standards.
- Build team member capability.
- Ensure that Company policies and procedures and the collective agreement are adhered to by employees.
- Authorized to make decisions concerning quality issues.
- Maintain production equipment and machinery in proper operating condition through utilization of the Maintenance and Tooling departments.
- Must be willing to work any shift and periodic weekend overtime.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone who has a Bachelors degree with 5+ years Supervising Production employees in a fast paced, automotive stamping environment.
- Excellent communication skills for interaction with the workforce, its suppliers and customers.
- Must have a positive, proactive and problem solving attitude.
- Must be able to read a blueprint and be familiar with using a CMM.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Proficient in the use of Kronos or a similar timekeeping system.
Who we are:
Means Industries, headquartered in Saginaw, MI, is a Tier 1 global automotive supplier of high value transformational propulsion-system technologies. Established in 1922, Means continues to foster a culture of collaboration through two business units, Means Propulsion Systems and Means TransForm Products. Our passion for problem solving drives everything we do and we remain committed to producing high quality innovative technology solutions for our global customers.
For more information about our company and to apply to this position, please visit our website (www.meansindustries.com).
Means is a division of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
Means supports and cultivates creativity through a collaborative cross functional work environment. By nurturing innovation at all levels of the company, Means’ desire for progress and improvement helps launch pioneering, transformative technologies within the automotive industry.
With a high level focus on people development, you can grow and develop through diverse work experiences and quality training opportunities. Means is experiencing exponential growth and supports a culture where employees take pride and ownership in their work. As an employee owned company, you will recognize your direct impact on the business and be part of its success (US Only).
Means offers a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching, a health savings account with contribution for US employees and an excellent retirement package.
Means is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. No agencies.