Responsible for supporting the daily production manufacturing operations of the facility and ensuring quality production of manufactured parts. This position reports to the Production Manager.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Adapt and promote lean manufacturing principals
- Active participant in the Elimination of Waste program
- Support the Company’s Goals and Objectives, including reporting monthly progress
- Keep production areas in ideal state to meet and or exceed 5S standards
- Assign work responsibilities to employees
- Build team member capability
- Create a conducive work environment for employees to complete their assigned responsibilities / tasks
- Maintain and enforce required safety standards on plant floor
- Ensure that production requirements are satisfied
- Ensure that Company policies and procedures and the collective agreement are adhered to by employees
- Use strong Problem Solving and Root Cause Analysis to take corrective actions
- Execute administration of supervisory responsibilities and documents (e.g., timekeeping, production reporting, etc.
- Quality requirements: Authorized to make decisions concerning quality issues
- Maintain production equipment and machinery in proper operating condition through utilization of the Maintenance and Tooling departments
- Must be willing to work any shift and periodic weekend overtime.
- Other duties required
Knowledge and Skills
- At least five years of experience in a fast paced, automotive stamping environment
- Excellent communication skills for interaction with the workforce, its suppliers and customers
- Must have a positive, proactive and problem solving attitude
- Must be able to read a blueprint
- Must be familiar with using a CMM
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- Proficient in the use of Kronos or a similar timekeeping system
Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Essential Mental Functions
- Ability to properly balance employee advocacy and business requirements.
- Well-organized, with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Ability to adapt to changing business needs in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to present instruction one-on-one and in a classroom setting.
- Able to work independently and within a team.
Essential Physical Demands
- Work may require extended periods of sitting, standing, lifting, bending, stooping and performing repetitive motion tasks.
- Excellent manual dexterity, ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Usage of a computer and other productivity machinery such as a SAP hand held scanner and control panels.
- Must be able to work necessary overtime if required.