Are you someone who enjoys autonomy, being challenged and judged on delivering your results your way; where you can be in the driver’s seat? Do you enjoy working in a team driven environment that does have some structure and task focus? If this describes what motivates you every day, then this may be the positon perfect for you.
What you’ll do:
- Meet customer and program milestones by coordinating external suppliers and customers along with internal cross-functional teams as the primary point of contact.
- Track program timing and status.
- Be the team leader for all Advanced Product Quality Planning functions.
- Participate in continuous process improvement initiatives.
- Prepare Product Submission Warrants for prototype submissions and support the Quality Department in preparing PSW’s for new launches and in-process changes.
- Ensure customer pre-production and prototype orders are filled.
What we’re looking for:
- A person who is a process oriented self-starter with a flexible mindset and team orientation who is results driven.
- A leader who has strong organizational and communication skills in planning, organizing, facilitating cross-departmental activities, and who builds strong teams.
- Someone who possesses strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- A person who possesses demonstrated understanding of principles and uses lean processes and procedures.
- A dedicated person who has earned their Bachelor’s Degree in Managerial or Engineering in a related field. In addition you must have a minimum of 5 years in the automotive industry and working at a manufacturing facility. Minimum of 2 years as part of an automotive product launch team.
- Someone who has successfully launched a product with an Automotive OEM is preferred.
Who we are:
Means Industries, headquartered in Saginaw, MI, is a Tier 1 global automotive supplier of high value transformational propulsion-system technologies. Established in 1922, Means continues to foster a culture of collaboration through two business units, Means Propulsion Systems and Means TransForm Products. Our passion for problem solving drives everything we do and we remain committed to producing high quality innovative technology solutions for our global customers.
For more information about our company and to apply to this position, please visit our website (www.meansindustries.com).
Means is a division of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
Means supports and cultivates creativity through a collaborative cross functional work environment. By nurturing innovation at all levels of the company, Means’ desire for progress and improvement helps launch pioneering, transformative technologies within the automotive industry.
With a high level focus on people development, you can grow and develop through diverse work experiences and quality training opportunities. Means is experiencing exponential growth and supports a culture where employees take pride and ownership in their work. As an employee owned company, you will recognize your direct impact on the business and be part of its success.
Means offers a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching, a health savings account with contribution for US employees and an excellent retirement package.
Means is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. No agencies.