TransForm Automotive – Shelby Township
Job Description: Maintenance Electrician
General Summary: Responsible for machine maintenance, building maintenance and general maintenance functions as directed
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Adapt and promote lean manufacturing principals
- Active participant in the Elimination of Waste Team meetings
- Support the Company’s Goals and Objectives
- Repair and Maintenance of building, presses and equipment throughout plant.
- Performs adjustment, repairs, or replacements on motors, controls, and other electric equipment.
- Responsible for supporting the team goals of the assembly, and press departments.
- Responsible for participation in press set-ups, teamwork and continuous improvement of press set-up time.
- Adhere to all safety procedures, including Lockout/Tag out and electrical safe work practices.
- Responsible for all PM tasks, corrective actions, and improvements to assigned equipment.
- Required to follow all maintenance systems and proper documentation procedures as outlined in the work instructions, including preventive maintenance procedures, downtime recording procedures, and work order procedures.
- Other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Manager
- Reports directly to the Maintenance Manager
- May receive direction from General Supervisor
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Journeyman status or equivalent as an Electrician
- Knowledge of stamping presses, conveyors, CNCs, washers, assembly machines, various automation and related machinery
- Knowledge of electrical pneumatics, lubrication and hydraulic circuits
- Knowledge of mig and or arc welding and use of cutting torches
- Must be able to read and interpret hydraulic, pneumatic and lubrication schematics and electrical drawings
- Must be able to operate forklift
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be able to work necessary overtime if required
- Excellent manual dexterity with the ability to lift and carry up to 80 pounds frequently
- Usage of a computer, printer, calculator, press and machinery control panels
- Work may require extended periods of sitting, standing, lifting, bending, stooping and performing repetitive motion tasks
- Occasionally ascends/descends a ladder and/or man lift
Environmental Requirements and Conditions:
- Serves in the capacity of waste water handler commensurate with completion of proper training
- Possess working knowledge of IATF-16949, ISO 14001 and Q1 compliance criteria
- Work is performed in a manufacturing environment with continuous exposure to noise.