Are you someone who enjoys a team driven environment in a structured environment with task focus? Do you like having the ability to work on projects and figuring things out? If this describes what motivates you every day, then this may be the position made for you.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with business users, customers, suppliers, vendors and various IT Team members to plan, gather requirements and develop solutions with an emphasis on EDI
- Planning and Execution of multiple projects of various complexities. Tasks include implementations, support, testing, documentation and monitoring EDI systems – including data mapping, translation and interfaces.
- Analyzes all EDI implementations and recommends improvements to processes
- Strong customer focus (e.g., lead time, on time delivery and quality)
- Set-up, maintain and troubleshoot EDI related applications or systems
What we’re looking for:
- Direct facing EDI Customer Service role as Tier 1, 2 and 3 support and training
- Solid working knowledge of information security technologies in a multi-platform environment and working knowledge of data communication protocols
- Use of Helpdesk and monitoring software
- Detail-oriented with excellent problem-solving skills
- Takes ownership and works independently on assignments but also acts as a real team player when working together in projects and on daily tasks
- Strong communication skills – communicate in an open and transparent way and this at all levels, adapting style towards the audience
- A dedicated person who has earned their Bachelor's degree in information technology, or in a related field which is a requirement for this role. In addition you must have 3+ years of IT-related experience, plus two or more years with EDI systems administration, design, analysis and development
Who we are:
Means Industries, headquartered in Saginaw, MI, is a Tier 1 global automotive supplier of high value transformational propulsion-system technologies. Established in 1922, Means continues to foster a culture of collaboration through two business units, Means Propulsion Systems and Means TransForm Products. Our passion for problem solving drives everything we do and we remain committed to producing high quality innovative technology solutions for our global customers.
For more information about our company and to apply to this position, please visit our website (www.meansindustries.com).
Means is a division of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
Means supports and cultivates creativity through a collaborative cross functional work environment. By nurturing innovation at all levels of the company, Means’ desire for progress and improvement helps launch pioneering, transformative technologies within the automotive industry.
With a high level focus on people development, you can grow and develop through diverse work experiences and quality training opportunities. Means is experiencing exponential growth and supports a culture where employees take pride and ownership in their work. As an employee owned company, you will recognize your direct impact on the business and be part of its success (US Only).
Means offers a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching, a health savings account with contribution for US employees and an excellent retirement package.
Means is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. No agencies.