Do you enjoy working in a structured environment where conformity to rules, regulations, structure and established ways of performing work are important? Are you someone who enjoys being evaluated based off of your personal goals and results? If this describes what motivates you every day, then this may be the positon for you.
What you’ll do:
- Respond to and follow up on external customer concerns and Corrective Action Requests; represent the voice of the customer.
- Assemble, review, and approve PPAP’s.
- Develop and maintain PFMEA/Control Plans.
- Conduct or assist in process audits including but not limited to, PFMEA/CP evaluation, production process issues, and improvements.
- Champion metrology for new programs and replacements.
- Issue internal CAR’s, follow up to ensure closure, update CAR database.
- Analyze statistical data and make recommendations for process adjustments/improvements.
- Administer Gage R&R’s as assigned.
What we’re looking for:
- An analytical individual who embraces elements of individual challenge.
- Someone who possesses experience in quality software applications including Open DMIS, DMIS, MPACT, and statistical software such as MiniTab.
- A dedicated person who has a minimum of three years of experience in a related field (including APQP, PPAP, Control Plans, FMEA, within an automotive or manufacturing environment).
- Experience in operating and/or programming a CMM is a definite asset; understanding of CMM metrology, and capability limitations are a minimum requirement.
Who we are:
Means Industries, headquartered in Saginaw, MI, is a Tier 1 global automotive supplier of high value transformational propulsion-system technologies. Established in 1922, Means continues to foster a culture of collaboration through two business units, Means Propulsion Systems and Means TransForm Products. Our passion for problem solving drives everything we do and we remain committed to producing high quality innovative technology solutions for our global customers.
For more information about our company and to apply to this position, please visit our website (www.meansindustries.com).
Means is a division of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
Means offers a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching, a health savings account with contribution for US employees and an excellent retirement package.
Means is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. No agencies.