Are you someone who enjoys autonomy, being judged on delivering your results your way, and where you have elements of individual challenge driving the overall result? Does travel excite you? Do you enjoy a structured environment with attention to detail and specifics? If this describes what motivates you every day, then this may be the position made for you.
What you’ll do:
- Provides input into the development of the company’s global purchasing strategy as well as building the supporting supplier development plan to improve the supply base.
- Identifies and researches the supply base, evaluates each company’s capabilities and makes recommendations for the selection of competent and competitive suppliers for each commodity.
- Teams up with engineering, purchasing and potential suppliers to help design components for manufacturability, harmonize discrepancies in product specifications and evaluate cost reduction or quality improvement opportunities.
- Ensures suppliers are compliant to corporate quality standards.
- Monitor supplier performance scorecards (Incidents, PPM’s) and develop / implement effective root-cause analysis and corrective action plans to improve poor performing suppliers.
- Business travel on an average of 40-50% of time with peaks time up to 70%
- Manages ECR/ECN approval for component drawings.
- Further develop the standardized supplier audit process and conduct supplier audits on potential, new and current suppliers to meet requirements including quality, manufacturing capability, EDI and finance criteria and take necessary actions as required.
- Supports purchasing cost saving initiatives and VA/VE activities in the supply base.
- Coordinates and conducts the annual supplier day at each manufacturing location.
What we’re looking for:
- Knowledge of mechanical commodities (machining, casting / die casting, assembly, powder metal, stamping) and respective manufacturing processes.
- Preferred knowledge of electronics.
- Solid understanding of Global APQP/PPAP requirements including Process Control Plan, SPC, GD&T, DFMEA, PFMEA, etc.
- Working knowledge of IATF 16949/TS16949
- Strong systems, process, program management and best practices experience.
- Well organized and self-directed.
- High integrity and honesty.
- Excellent presentation preparation and delivery skills.
- Able to collaborate easily with others.
- Able to develop strong relationships with key constituents both internal and external to the company.
- Thorough knowledge of PPAP, SPC, MSA, APQP, GD&T, Check Fixtures, Gage R&R.
- Strong personal drive to complete assignments on time.
Who we are:
Means Industries, headquartered in Saginaw, MI, is a Tier 1 global automotive supplier of high value transformational propulsion-system technologies. Established in 1922, Means continues to foster a culture of collaboration through two business units, Means Propulsion Systems and Means TransForm Products. Our passion for problem solving drives everything we do and we remain committed to producing high quality innovative technology solutions for our global customers.
For more information about our company and to apply to this position, please visit our website (www.meansindustries.com).
Means is a division of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
Means supports and cultivates creativity through a collaborative cross functional work environment. By nurturing innovation at all levels of the company, Means’ desire for progress and improvement helps launch pioneering, transformative technologies within the automotive industry.
With a high level focus on people development, you can grow and develop through diverse work experiences and quality training opportunities. Means is experiencing exponential growth and supports a culture where employees take pride and ownership in their work. As an employee owned company, you will recognize your direct impact on the business and be part of its success (US Only).
Means offers a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching, a health savings account with contribution for US employees and an excellent retirement package.
Means is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. No agencies.