Business Applications Analyst
Are you someone who enjoys a team driven environment in a structured environment with task focus? Do you like having the ability to work on projects and figuring things out? If this describes what motivates you every day, then this may be the position made for you.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the SAP user community to support, maintain, and enhance the various modules and related processes.
- Provide guidance by assessing key strategic process improvements and executing system changes to support these initiatives.
- Rely on broad experiences with business systems to identify new system opportunities, generate conceptual design, prototype alternatives, author functional specifications, and work closely with key business users to implement.
- Ensure business requirements and technical direction is consistent with global design across all business units.
- Complete technical service requests and provide continuous business application support for SAP software.
- Help to define, analyze, develop, implement and document systems, customized programs and databases to meet business needs.
What we’re looking for:
- Detailed work experience with core components of the SAP Material Management (MM), Production Planning (PP) or Sales & Distribution (SD) modules:
- MRP, Work Centers, Bills of Materials, Routings, Production Versions, Back Flushing, Demand Planning, Capacity Planning, Planning Table, Scheduling Agreements, Handling Units, Pricing Conditions, Logistics, Invoicing, etc.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to effectively communicate across multiple facets of the organization.
- Exhibits solid understanding of SAP best practices with the ability to transform these processes into executable solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline.
- 5+ years of experience in repetitive manufacturing and/or some combination of discrete manufacturing environments with clear understanding of SAP integration points and business processes.
- 3+ years of hands-on configuration experience with SAP (preferred modules include MM/PP/SD), Application Process Design, and Project Methodologies.
- The following items are a plus: AP Certification, Experience with SAP/EDI relationships, Experience with Barcodes/Labels, and with Manufacturing Execution System (MES).
Who we are:
Means Industries, headquartered in Saginaw, MI, is a Tier 1 global automotive supplier of high value transformational propulsion-system technologies. Established in 1922, Means continues to foster a culture of collaboration through two business units, Means Propulsion Systems and Means TransForm Products. Our passion for problem solving drives everything we do and we remain committed to producing high quality innovative technology solutions for our global customers.
For more information about our company and to apply to this position, please visit our website (www.meansindustries.com).
Means is a division of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
Means supports and cultivates creativity through a collaborative cross functional work environment. By nurturing innovation at all levels of the company, Means’ desire for progress and improvement helps launch pioneering, transformative technologies within the automotive industry.
With a high level focus on people development, you can grow and develop through diverse work experiences and quality training opportunities. Means is experiencing exponential growth and supports a culture where employees take pride and ownership in their work. As an employee owned company, you will recognize your direct impact on the business and be part of its success (US Only).
Means offers a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching, a health savings account with contribution for US employees and an excellent retirement package.
Means is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. No agencies.