Do you enjoy a team driven environment in a structured environment with task focus with multitasking? If this describes what motivates you every day, then this may be the position made for you.
What you’ll do:
- You will be the initial point of contact for external visitors, customers, and suppliers, data entry, and provide administrative support to the management staff.
- Input daily data for production reporting, production, tooling, and maintenance downtime reporting, KPI charts, and 5S activities.
- Provides daily downtime reporting and ship to schedule reports to required personnel.
- Greeting visitors and answering the main line telephone for the plant.
- Acts as a backup in the Materials departments when necessary.
- Assist with monthly cycle counting activities, customer owned container management, daily customer requirement (Kanban) report, act as a support and liaison for the shipping and receiving department when necessary, and completes daily SAP functions.
- Creating charts, presentations and spreadsheets.
- Organization of postage, packaging and maintaining the mailroom.
- Maintains the Company Kaizen Database, Posts Monthly Goals/Objectives Results.
- Adapt and promote Lean manufacturing principals.
- Active participant in the Elimination of Waste Team meetings.
- Provides administrative support for Management personnel.
- Maintain Record retention.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone who possesses an Associate’s Degree and 3 years experience.
- A person who has proficient computer skills with a specified strength in Excel with extensive knowledge for writing and modifying Macros, Microsoft Word, and PowerPoint. SAP knowledge preferred.
- Working knowledge of manufacturing based requirements.
- Have demonstrated excellent communication skills for interaction with the workforce, suppliers and customers.
- Organized and efficient, with extensive multi-tasking and project management abilities.
- Must be able to work necessary overtime if required.
Who we are:
Means Industries, headquartered in Saginaw, MI, is a Tier 1 global automotive supplier of high value transformational propulsion-system technologies. Established in 1922, Means continues to foster a culture of collaboration through two business units, Means Propulsion Systems and Means TransForm Products. Our passion for problem solving drives everything we do and we remain committed to producing high quality innovative technology solutions for our global customers.
For more information about our company and to apply to this position, please visit our website (www.meansindustries.com).
Means is a division of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
Means supports and cultivates creativity through a collaborative cross functional work environment. By nurturing innovation at all levels of the company, Means’ desire for progress and improvement helps launch pioneering, transformative technologies within the automotive industry.
With a high level focus on people development, you can grow and develop through diverse work experiences and quality training opportunities. Means is experiencing exponential growth and supports a culture where employees take pride and ownership in their work. As an employee owned company, you will recognize your direct impact on the business and be part of its success (US Only).
Means offers a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching, a health savings account with contribution for US employees and an excellent retirement package.
Means is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. No agencies.