Talent Acquisition and Development Manager
Located in either Saginaw or Southfield Michigan, this position is an exciting new role that will support company-wide talent acquisition, facilitation and administration of our Performance Development Process and identify and develop learning initiatives to support people development.
Do you enjoy working in a team driven environment where the best ideas are the best? Are you someone who enjoys working with and through other people to attain desired results, can easily juggle workloads and priorities and believe looking beyond established ways of doing things are important ingredients for success. If this describes what motivates you every day, then this may be the position made for you.
What you’ll do:
- Support site Human Resources Managers through a consistent approach, innovation and best practices in candidate sourcing methods, digital branding and position advertising, as well as analyzing the performance and effectiveness of the programs.
- Facilitate, coach and administer the company-wide Performance Development Process, including individual development plans, and training objectives for employees.
- Identify or develop company-wide learning initiatives including the deployment of the programs.
- Partner with site Human Resources Managers to perform gap analysis and design developmental programs for hourly employees who may be candidates to move into supervisory roles.
- Conduct individual leadership, career and talent assessments.
- Lead the company-wide internship/co-op development program that encompasses all functional areas of the business.
- Enhance the use of the SuccessFactors performance, development and succession modules.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone who has a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, HR, Organizational Development, or Business. A master’s degree in OD or a related field is preferred.
- A person with a minimum of 3 years of experience in the execution of talent acquisition strategy, OD, performance management and employee learning programs
- Knowledge and application of adult learning methods and techniques.
- Strong oral and written communication skill, listening, relationship building and partnering with all levels of the organization.
- Outstanding detail orientation, organization, and project management skills.
- Proactive, hands-on, results-oriented style with a focus on continuous improvement who uses a consultative approach.
Who we are:
Means Industries, headquartered in Saginaw, MI, is a Tier 1 global automotive supplier of high value transformational propulsion-system technologies. Established in 1922, Means continues to foster a culture of collaboration through two business units, Means Propulsion Systems and Means TransForm Products. Our passion for problem solving drives everything we do and we remain committed to producing high quality innovative technology solutions for our global customers.
For more information about our company and to apply to this position, please visit our website (www.meansindustries.com).
Means is a division of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
Means offers a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching, a health savings account with contribution for US employees and an excellent retirement package.
Means is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. No agencies.