Human Resources Manager
The position and what you will do:
This is an exciting opportunity to join our company as a Human Resources Manager to support three unionized plants located in Saginaw Michigan. Leading a team of two Generalists, you will have responsibility over a broad range of HR functions including recruitment and selection, safety, labor relations (contract administration, key role during negotiations), benefit and compensation administration, employee development and learning, and employee relations.
Do you enjoy working in a team driven environment where the best ideas are the best? Are you someone who enjoys working with and through other people to attain desired results, can easily juggle workloads and priorities and believe looking beyond established ways of doing things and the use of key metrics are important ingredients for success. If this describes what motivates you every day, then this may be the positon made for you.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone who has a Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Human Resources, or a related degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience managing the HR function.
- A person who can handle more complex multi-plant manufacturing operations. Preferably with a Tier 1 automotive supplier.
- Someone with strong oral and written communication skill, listening, relationship building and partnering with all levels of the organization.
- An outstanding level of detail orientation, organization, and project management skills.
- A person with a proactive, hands-on, results-oriented style with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Experience with union contract interpretation and administration. Experience with contract negotiations is a plus.
- Experience leading plant safety (training, auditing).
- Ability to innovatively source and recruit talent, both hourly and professional levels.
- Knowledge of state and federal laws along with their practical application and administration.
- Strong conflict resolution skills.
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of MS Office, HRIS systems (Ultipro preferred), ATS, and performance/development management systems (SuccessFactors preferred).
- A person who is accountable and uses metrics to drive improvements in the function.
Who we are:
Means Industries, headquartered in Saginaw, MI, is a Tier 1 global automotive supplier of high value transformational propulsion-system technologies. Established in 1922, Means continues to foster a culture of collaboration through two business units, Means Propulsion Systems and Means TransForm Products. Our passion for problem solving drives everything we do and we remain committed to producing high quality innovative technology solutions for our global customers.
For more information about our company and to apply to this position, please visit our website (www.meansindustries.com).
Means is a division of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
Means offers a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching, a health savings account with contribution for US employees and an excellent retirement package.
Means is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. No agencies.