Do you enjoy a team driven environment in a structured environment with task focus? If this describes what motivates you every day, then this may be the position made for you.
What you’ll do:
- Responsible for supporting the organization with the design, installation, and maintenance of the corporate infrastructure and all of its hardware/software components.
- Continuously monitoring and evaluating existing IT controls and procedures to ensure all risks are known and mitigated to an acceptable level in both production and non-production environments.
- Daily support of our public cloud and remaining on-premises platforms running on Azure and VMware
- Provisioning and administration of Cloud environments, both IaaS and PaaS.
- Configure and maintain the organization's internal computer network, mainly Cisco Firewalls, Switches and Spam filters.
- Providing Tier 2 and 3 level user and hardware support of Windows based network systems.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone with a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Computer Engineering/Network Engineering/ Information Technology required, Bachelor’s preferred (comparable IT certifications will be considered).
- Possessing a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience Configuring, managing and troubleshooting firewalls, routers and Switches, knowledge of Cisco firewalls and switches highly desired.
- Knowledge of core IT infrastructure and systems including LAN/WAN networking including routers, switches and firewalls, and SAN storage.
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server environment
- Knowledge of VMWARE virtualization in server environment, Active Directory & GPO’s, and O365 and enterprise anti-virus.
- MS Azure IaaS/PaaS administration experience.
- Past experience migrating from on premise infrastructure to IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS model.
- Advanced ability to analyze system logs.
Who we are:
Means Industries, headquartered in Saginaw, MI, is a Tier 1 global automotive supplier of high value transformational propulsion-system technologies. Established in 1922, Means continues to foster a culture of collaboration through two business units, Means Propulsion Systems and Means TransForm Products. Our passion for problem solving drives everything we do and we remain committed to producing high quality innovative technology solutions for our global customers.
For more information about our company and to apply to this position, please visit our website (www.meansindustries.com).
Means is a division of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
Means supports and cultivates creativity through a collaborative cross functional work environment. By nurturing innovation at all levels of the company, Means’ desire for progress and improvement helps launch pioneering, transformative technologies within the automotive industry.
With a high level focus on people development, you can grow and develop through diverse work experiences and quality training opportunities. Means is experiencing exponential growth and supports a culture where employees take pride and ownership in their work. As an employee owned company, you will recognize your direct impact on the business and be part of its success (US Only).
Means offers a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching, a health savings account with contribution for US employees and an excellent retirement package.
Means is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. No agencies.