Do you enjoy a team driven environment in a structured environment with task focus with multitasking? If this describes what motivates you every day, then this may be the position made for you.
What you’ll do:
- You will be responsible for shipping production, service and prototype parts for the plant.
- Performs shipping duties including; identification of materials to be picked to maintain FIFO, identifies materials and verifies pack quantity/serial numbers match packing slip, sends ASN and files hard copies for future reference.
- Reviews daily and weekly customer schedules, advises Materials Manager and Production Manager on changes or concerns. Contacts customers with any concerns. Attends to customer required system intervention.
- Tracks customer containers and maintains records on receiving customer materials. Completes documentation on supplier containers for returning dunnage.
- Communicates concerns on customer packaging and documentation of shipments to Manufacturing Engineering.
- Works with Materials Manager on cycle counts and receiving issues, updates cycle counts of finished goods weekly for team communication board posting. Performs various duties in plant inventory/cycle counting.
- Facilitates shipping of prototype orders with Product Engineering and Sales.
- Assists Materials Manager with production order quantity adjustments, moving component warehouse locations.
- Assists with Operators and Leaders on barcode/scanner/printer issues or facilitates.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone with an Associate’s degree is preferred with a minimum of two years in Materials Management.
- Minimum of two years automotive shipping standards and just in time delivery requirements.
- Computer Literate – knowledgeable in SAP, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of IATF 16949 quality system, customer specific packaging, shipping and label requirements.
- Possess working knowledge of ISO/ IATF 16949, ISO 14001, and Q1 compliance criteria.
- Knowledge of transportation and logistics.
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision.
- Familiarization of product and good organization skills.
- Must be able to work necessary overtime if required.
Who we are:
Means Industries, headquartered in Saginaw, MI, is a Tier 1 global automotive supplier of high value transformational propulsion-system technologies. Established in 1922, Means continues to foster a culture of collaboration through two business units, Means Propulsion Systems and Means TransForm Products. Our passion for problem solving drives everything we do and we remain committed to producing high quality innovative technology solutions for our global customers.
For more information about our company and to apply to this position, please visit our website (www.meansindustries.com).
Means is a division of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
Means supports and cultivates creativity through a collaborative cross functional work environment. By nurturing innovation at all levels of the company, Means’ desire for progress and improvement helps launch pioneering, transformative technologies within the automotive industry.
With a high level focus on people development, you can grow and develop through diverse work experiences and quality training opportunities. Means is experiencing exponential growth and supports a culture where employees take pride and ownership in their work. As an employee owned company, you will recognize your direct impact on the business and be part of its success (US Only).
Means offers a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching, a health savings account with contribution for US employees and an excellent retirement package.
Means is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. No agencies.