Are you someone who likes work variety where you can juggle multiple things and are comfortable with verbal communication? Do you enjoy a team driven environment in a structured environment with task focus? If this describes what motivates you every day, then this may be the position made for you.
What you’ll do:
- Assists Production Manager with day-to-day operational functions of manufacturing, including the management of hourly employees and manufacturing scheduling.
- Works in collaboration with Materials & Engineering group to drive production efficiencies.
- Mentor work force to realize peak performance.
- Monitor and report daily production efficiency. Develops and implement countermeasures by engaging, empowering workforce and driving innovations.
- Lead hourly work force with humility and with servant leadership philosophies.
- Develop and maintain good relationship with work force and create a productive environment/culture.
- Develop and implement effective training programs.
- Compiles & analyzes production reports.
- Assists with on-going cycle counting inventory of supplier product and finished goods materials.
- Participates in Labor Management Collaboration, facilitates maximum participation of hourly workforce by providing necessary supervision and support to the team but also promotes self-guided workforce efforts on the shop floor.
What we’re looking for:
- Someone who has an Associates with 5+ years Supervising Production employees in a fast paced, automotive environment.
- Excellent communication skills for interaction with the workforce, its suppliers and customers.
- Must have a positive, proactive and problem solving attitude.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Proficient in the use of Kronos or a similar timekeeping system.
Who we are:
Means Industries, headquartered in Saginaw, MI, is a Tier 1 global automotive supplier of high value transformational propulsion-system technologies. Established in 1922, Means continues to foster a culture of collaboration through two business units, Means Propulsion Systems and Means TransForm Products. Our passion for problem solving drives everything we do and we remain committed to producing high quality innovative technology solutions for our global customers.
For more information about our company and to apply to this position, please visit our website (www.meansindustries.com).
Means is a division of Amsted Industries (www.amsted.com), one of the world’s largest transportation component manufacturers. Based in Chicago, Amsted specializes in products that serve the rail, heavy-duty vehicle, automotive, construction and general industrial markets. Amsted is one of the largest 100 percent employee-owned companies in the United States.
Means supports and cultivates creativity through a collaborative cross functional work environment. By nurturing innovation at all levels of the company, Means’ desire for progress and improvement helps launch pioneering, transformative technologies within the automotive industry.
With a high level focus on people development, you can grow and develop through diverse work experiences and quality training opportunities. Means is experiencing exponential growth and supports a culture where employees take pride and ownership in their work. As an employee owned company, you will recognize your direct impact on the business and be part of its success (US Only).
Means offers a comprehensive range of benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with employer matching, a health savings account with contribution for US employees and an excellent retirement package.
Means is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. No agencies.